Is Megadeth breaking up???

Thrash Metal Maniac

I'm The Man
Feb 14, 2005
In My World
Somebody posted a long time ago and said that Megadeth was going to break up after their tour. Does anyone know about this??

That would suck if they did cause they kill! They've always been one of my favs.

Yeah, the album was recorded with some studio guys and the tour is a whole seperate crew (if you dont count Dave).
I think Dave said something to the effect that as soon as he fulfilled his contractual obligation with Sanctuary Records he was going to go off and do his own thing.

That sucks, the band was hyped up as a major return for megadeth with the system has failed. Thats ridiculous, get all the fans hyped as if your back for good then release another greatest hits, then quit.....geez.

I saw Megadeth with Exodus back in November. One Gary Holt actually told me that Exodus was going to do another tour with Megadeth once they got their singer business straightened out. No joke.

Now maybe Dave has something else in mind, but I would say that Gary Holt is a pretty reliable source.

Dave - needs to hire a singer and everything will be cool. He can sing a handfull of songs and let somebody else do the rest of the set.

Thrash Metal Maniac said:
That sucks, the band was hyped up as a major return for megadeth with the system has failed. Thats ridiculous, get all the fans hyped as if your back for good then release another greatest hits, then quit.....geez.

As Dave is a born again Christian, he doesn't feel the need to keep megadeth together. His music won't be any different anyhow (aside from a few pro-religion comments) as this record was meant to be his first solo recording but Sanctuary was owed 1 more deth record..so he just slapped megadeth on the front. He didn't lie. Didn't get eveyone pumped then decide to quit. Go to the megadeth forums and read daves own personal posts about all of this. Next time do a little research before you go off whining.

You guys should read Dave's post, in his last one he said that he's happy playing with the current line up and it's very possible that they are going to play in Dave's next album, even if it is a Megadeth or a solo album. So, there's a little hope that Megadeth doesn't break up.