Is Megadeth breaking up???

InvaderZim said:
You guys should read Dave's post, in his last one he said that he's happy playing with the current line up and it's very possible that they are going to play in Dave's next album, even if it is a Megadeth or a solo album. So, there's a little hope that Megadeth doesn't break up.

So the difference would only be a "Dave Mustaine" on the sleeve instead of "Megadeth".

But doesn't Dave now own all the rights to the Megadeth name and previously released recordings etc ? - For all the shit that caused between him and Ellefson he mights as well keep using it. I don't know that he'd have the same level of success flying under the banner of something gay like "The Mustaine Band " Megadeth is more than just a name.

I saw them when they came through Portland with Exodus, bad ass show. Friend of mine said Megadeth sells out the Roseland everytime through Portland. Think that's a hint for Anthrax to join them at the Roseland. And the fans all arrived early for Exodus too, it was a packed show from the start, hardly anyone trickling in at end of Exodus' set.

PHSYCO said:
But doesn't Dave now own all the rights to the Megadeth name and previously released recordings etc ? - For all the shit that caused between him and Ellefson he mights as well keep using it. I don't know that he'd have the same level of success flying under the banner of something gay like "The Mustaine Band " Megadeth is more than just a name.

totally agreed!

Gregadeth, did you get hold of the "bootleg" of Megadeth's Detroit show broadcast on WRIF Detroit? I listen to it quite a bit at work. Someone on the Megadeth message board posted it a few months back but it's gone now. Luckily I got it before it was taken down.

Rich

coop said:
Gregadeth, did you get hold of the "bootleg" of Megadeth's Detroit show broadcast on WRIF Detroit? I listen to it quite a bit at work. Someone on the Megadeth message board posted it a few months back but it's gone now. Luckily I got it before it was taken down.

Rich

Sure did. I also got the boot of the acoustic Buenos Ares(sp?) show too. Good stuff.