Is my Still Life CD defective?

Jul 26, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Hey, I finally found the Opeth BB! (although its not exactly hidden...)

I got BWP earlier this year and was blown away, and have since picked up MAYH and Still Life (both also great). But I have always wondered about something strange on my Still Life CD and I cant figure out if it a mistake or intended. At the end of Serenity Painted Death there is some quieter guitar work that just repeats a few times - and then just STOPS in the middle of the tune! No fade out, no ending, just a hard cut - like some lazy producer going: "well thats enough of that <click>".

Are they all like this or just mine?

jim's just fucking with you. it's supposed to be like that.

in addition, everyone's copy has the faulty channel in The Moor, as well as all the coughs and respitory omniumgatherum

there's a section in the moor where a channel (track, perhaps) conks out, usually heard on the left side/earphone. it snaps back on after a minute or so.

Originally posted by saturnix
there's a section in the moor where a channel (track, perhaps) conks out, usually heard on the left side/earphone. it snaps back on after a minute or so.

Doesn't the same thing happen in Black Rose Immortal right before the accapella part. It happens at about 8:30 or so. Anyone else noticed that?

Yeah and the cough that Mikael heard and no-one didwhen recording the moor, its still on the track to...

Maybe some ethereal persons enjoy opeth music, but mischevous and fuck around with the recording console settings =P

Apparently the reason for the Serenity Painted Death thing is that Mikael was fed up with fading out all the songs, as he'd done on the otherwise, and secided to do the complete opposite in SPD. He said that in an interview once

Originally posted by rustymetal
I don't understand why he didn't just finish off the riff and end on a chord or something similar. :rolleyes:

ehe, proplably too lazy! :D