Is Sepultura-Roorback worth buying?

I personally dont recommend their stuff without max, i suppose id class it has just metal really. Nothing like sepultura when they had max, ive only heard one song from their latest album and wasnt too keen on it but dont go on my opinion:D

I haven't liked Sepultura since Arise, which happens to be their best, if you like your metal of the Nu-er and Hardcore kind, you will probab;y enjoy new Sep.

Nation is a decent record but Sepultura haven't been great since Arise which was excellent. Derrick Green is a great vocalist (better than Max) but the songs aren't metal anymore - they're hardcore and it pisses me off. Two minute songs? Arise pisses all over that kind of stuff.

I'd save your money and download it.

It's basically roots lite- with a little nation thrown in.

Its not as good as Nation, a little better than Against.

Everyone always says Arise when it comes to Sepultura or sometimes Beneath The Remains but never Schizophrenia. That album is a masterpiece. Many may disagree with me but my Sepultura albums go in this order

1. Roots/Beneath The Remains
2. Schizophrenia
3. Chaos A.D
4. Arise
5. Against
6. Nation

Chaos AD is that last album they released that i really like. Roots is ok, but I don't like it nearly as much as the earlier albums. I have Against, but I don't really like it, and can imagine the Roorback is in the same vein. They will never go back to playing brutal thrash.

roorback has more of a metal influence than the NAtion- they just havent figured out what they are going to do- play metal now- or go back to playing hardcore mixed with other influences( ala Nation). I personally would like to see them try to hone the Nation sound- its interesting and differant. They have already mastered thrash, why bother cheapening their metal legacy like Metallica?

Sepultura never really appealed to me, but Chaos AD was the best that I heard.

Never heard the post-Max stuff.

MURAI said:
Everyone always says Arise when it comes to Sepultura or sometimes Beneath The Remains but never Schizophrenia. That album is a masterpiece. Many may disagree with me but my Sepultura albums go in this order

1. Roots/Beneath The Remains
2. Schizophrenia
3. Chaos A.D
4. Arise
5. Against
6. Nation

Didn't you say in another thread that the Derrick stuff was their best stuff so far??? :guh:

Anyway, Arise is their best. And I have a signed copy of the LP! :kickass: Met them in Glasgow on the Arise tour.