Is Seventh Son anyone else's fave?

Seventh Son is probably the last Maiden album that I thought was great, until Brave New World.

In terms of my fave Maiden, you'd best chalk me down for Piece of Mind.

Piece of mind is my favorite. I never get bored listening to it, whereas 7th son I do. Although 7th son has one of my favorite Maiden songs, the title track.

Powerslave is mine. and it has the second best coverart. Somewhere in Time has the best.

hibernal_dream said:
No love for Somewhere in Time? That's my most sentimental album, but for best it's between Beast and Son.

Somewhere in Time is my third favorite Maiden album, at the moment.

slowdeath said:
Piece of mind is my favorite. I never get bored listening to it, whereas 7th son I do. Although 7th son has one of my favorite Maiden songs, the title track.

Agreed.

1. Piece of Mind
2. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
3. The Number of the Beast
4. Powerslave
5. Somewhere in Time
6. Live After Death
7. Iron Maiden
8. Killers
9. Fear of the Dark

slowdeath said:

Also agreed.

Actually, now The Number of the Beast is my third favorite.

1. Piece of Mind
2. Powerslave
3. The Number of the Beast
4. Somewhere in Time
5. Killers
6. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
7. Dance of Death
8. Iron Maiden
9. Virtual XI
10. The X Factor
11. Brave New World
12. Fear of the Dark
13. No Prayer for the Dying

NP: Iron Maiden - Children of the Damned :headbang:

Ouch - no respect for "No prayer for the Dying"

I always liked that one..."Bring your daughter to the slaughter...tailgunner...lots of good riffs on that album."

Scott

lol - well that's about par for me. :)

I still think it has some catchy stuff and good riffs. Underrated imo...and DEFINITELY better than X factor!

Scott

SheisMySin said:
>>>So literally every other metalhead is wrong but you right?

Maybe!

Or maybe there's just a lot of fucking sheep here just like everywhere else in life? :)

Scott

I respect the fact that you don't like Judas Priest and Ozzy but you can't just assume that EVERYBODY secretly doesn't like them and is afraid to say it.

SheisMySin said:
lol - well that's about par for me. :)

I still think it has some catchy stuff and good riffs. Underrated imo...and DEFINITELY better than X factor!

Scott

I thought you said that you only liked "some" Maiden. Now it sounds as if you are a well established fan.... odd.

Hmm...well let's see...

I love 7th Son
Like No Prayer for the Dying...
Like a couple good songs off Somewhere in Time, Powerslave, etc...basically all the stuff on Live after Death...
Maybe a couple of songs off their new stuff

But I don't care much for all their older stuff, which is what more people seem to like. Plus after a while, they seem to just be rehashing a lot of their sound - no evolution at all after all this time. Plus they seem incredibly simple at times. Great band....great unique sound...phenomenal vocalist...but it's almost like Metallica. Their songs were SO good that I played them over and over until I don't really care for them anymore...but I still consider them good.

Scott