Is TAROT under consideration for PPVII?

Stingray11214

OSA Triumvir
Oct 21, 2005
Glenn;

One of the bands that I have been going crazy over is Marco Hietala's band Tarot. Since they will be coming out with a new CD in March, were they ever considered fo PPVII? I know he has played with Nightwish at PPIV, but since this is basically a completely different band, and they have a 20 year history as the Founding Fathers of Finnish metal, I was wondering if they were ever in consideration?

Peace,
Ray C.

Considering I have only announced two bands for this year, I'm not going to comment on who is or who isn't under consideration. I only did so with the Bal-Sagoth thread because they are such an oddball.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
Considering I have only announced two bands for this year, I'm not going to comment on who is or who isn't under consideration. I only did so with the Bal-Sagoth thread because they are such an oddball.

Glenn H.
Well that's not a shoot down, so I have some hope that Tarot might be signed to play @ PPVII, or at least another future PP! Marco's such great a performer on stage (he stole the show w/ NW @ PPIV), let alone the fact that Tarot is a kick ass band, that I don't know how they could ever be passed up, barring complications!

"They Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuule............................."

Hmm, if Glenn signed them to play on Saturday, their contract would have a "Rider of the Last Day." (ouch)
hide.gif

I'd love to see 'em.

Stingray11214 said:
Glenn;

One of the bands that I have been going crazy over is Marco Hietala's band Tarot. Since they will be coming out with a new CD in March, were they ever considered fo PPVII? I know he has played with Nightwish at PPIV, but since this is basically a completely different band, and they have a 20 year history as the Founding Fathers of Finnish metal, I was wondering if they were ever in consideration?

Peace,
Ray C.
Just to make it clear, there should be a new Tarot studio release later this year but not quite in March yet. In March they will release the remastered versions of all their albums before Suffer Our Pleasures.

Quite a few people are probably interested to know about the bonus tracks so here's an URL for the tracklists for the remasters (yes, the site is in Finnish, * means a bonus track and ** means an unreleased bonustrack after the song titles):

http://www.imperiumi.net/news_2.php?id=2703

Zachary (the guitarist) posted this on their own forum about the remasters: " I just heard the final versions of the remastered old shit and I'm amazed! It is like day and night if compared them to originals. The sound is bigger, wider and balanced. Even subwoofer owners will be surprized. It will be pleasure to re-release these albums."

And yes, Tarot has to play PP one day! They'll probably play near me a couple of times this year again anyway but I'd definitely rather see their name up at the confirmed PP bands list :)

Tarot are amazing on stage. It's a pity that they are so little known outside Finland, many less talented bands have gained much more attention during the years. But at last their back catalog will be available in March.

I know, all bands for PPVII must have been confirmed by now, but thinking about it, this year would be perfect to get Tarot play at PPVII. Back catalog re-released in spring, a new CD in making and coming out by/in summer, a tour to follow the release and the fact that Nightwish will only start recording a new CD in fall. Hmmm... ;)

While you guys keep dreaming, you can look at these pics I took from a Tarot gig on May 13th 2005 at Club Livinstone, Kotka, Finland. Kickass! :headbang:

I just have to post in this topic to brag about seeing Tarot live last month. They are an amazing band, and definitely ProgPower material. Definitely one of the best shows I've seen!

fucker. :lol: