Tarot's new album

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
Hell yeah! Pretty awesome that they'll be releasing an album just a couple of months before the fest. They are probably the top band I'm looking forward to for XI.

TAROT — the Finnish group led by NIGHTWISH/ex-SINERGY bassist Marco Hietala — is currently recording its ninth studio album, "Gravity Of Light", for a spring 2010 release. A tour will follow, including a stop in Moscow, Russia as well as a number of summer festival appearances.

TAROT has been confirmed for next year's ProgPower USA XI festival, set to take place September 8-11 in Atlanta, Georgia.

An e-card for "Undead Indeed", the latest DVD from TAROT, can be accessed at this location.

"Undead Indeed" topped the Music DVD chart in Finland in its first week of release.

The two-DVD and two-CD versions of "Undead Indeed" were made available in Finland on June 11, 2008.

"Undead Indeed" was filmed/recorded on August 17, 2007 at club Rupla in Kuopio, Finland with director Harri Mielonen.

A one-and-a-half-minute trailer for "Undead Indeed" can be viewed below.

TAROT released its latest album, entitled "Crows Fly Black", in continental Europe in January 2007. The CD was issued in Finland in October 2006.

TAROT's first single from "Crows Fly Black", "You", entered the national chart in Finland at position No. 1. The single contained two tracks: A straight-forward classic heavy metal song "You", taken from the CD, and a BLUE ÖYSTER CULT cover, "Veteran of the Psychic Wars".

I was hoping they would have a new album out before they came to PP!!!!!

It's Tommi singing that BÖC cover, not Marco. They took it in their setlist sometime in ... 2003 I think, for the Suffer Our Pleasure tour and kept it along ever since. Tommi was a long time roadie and backing vocalist before he also started playing sampler when they added one in their gear. He was finally made a full member in 2005 when they recorded Crows Fly Black so now Tarot have two vocalists. A wise move, definitely.

It's Tommi singing that BÖC cover, not Marco. They took it in their setlist sometime in ... 2003 I think, for the Suffer Our Pleasure tour and kept it along ever since. Tommi was a long time roadie and backing vocalist before he also started playing sampler when they added one in their gear. He was finally made a full member in 2005 when they recorded Crows Fly Black so now Tarot have two vocalists. A wise move, definitely.
And they are totally awesome live. Really looking forward to the new album and can't wait to see them again. Tarot Rulz!

Fucking SWEET! A new Tarot album! Not only that, that "Veteran of the Psychic Wars" cover was really awesome. That was probably my favorite song off the Heavy Metal soundtrack.

I am so looking forward to seeing these guys myself at PP.

QFT: " ...totally awesome live." :kickass:

There's more clips on Youtube but these rare fan-made live Tarot videos with awesome sound were posted on the Finnish side of Tarot's discussion board in Jan 2008.

Tarot - Heavy Metal On Ice charity night @ The Ice Hall of Kuopio, Finland, Jan 06. 2008

---> Guardian Angel

---> Things That Crawl At Night

---> Wings Of Darkness

(Note that during this unique gig Marco didn't play bass, they had a session bassist. The original plan was to have the praised opera singer hailing from Kuopio, Johanna Rusanen, do the vocals but she got sick only a few days before and Marco took the stage.)

As an overall album Suffer Our Pleasure is my favorite, but there are several songs from Crows Fly Black that are in my top ten favorite Tarot songs. I think you must get both for the best of Tarot. Of the older releases, my favorites are first To Live Forever, then Follow Me Into Madness., For the Glory of Nothing, and then Stigmata. Each one has very strong songs on them, but I'm rating them on the number of songs each one has that I really like. I don't have Spell of Iron, though I've heard most the songs, they just didn't stick with me. If you get the older stuff, I'd suggest getting the remastered versions. Each one contains some great bonus tracks and the quality is definitely better.

I recommend getting them from Record Shop X. Yes, yes, it's in Finland, but don't worry, the shipping isn't really very high:
1 or 2 CDs 2,90€
3 CDs 3,40€
4 CDs 3,90€
5 Cds 4,40€
So two Cds will cost you about $4.25 to ship and they are pretty damn fast. I usually get them in four days.

As for the CD's themselves, the remastered ones go for 8,90€ = about $13.

Currency converter