New Tarot album cover art+tracklist

pollution

Yes,they call me Aki too.
Jul 18, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
So once again at the festival quite a few people were interested about Tarot stuff so I figured I should post this. I was pretty impressed to see at least one vendor carrying some of those remasters at PP since as far as I know they're only out in Finland. Anyway, here's the latest Tarot news for you all interested:

THE NEW ALBUM: "CROWS FLY BLACK"

The soon to be released next full length Tarot album is called Crows Fly Black. Excluding the group backing vocals the whole album has now been recorded and the album will be mixed and mastered at Finnvox studios in the beginning of next month.

The official album release date in Finland has been set to October 27th.

Crows Fly Black tracklist:

01. Crows fly black
02. Traitor
03. Ashes to the stars
04. Messenger of gods
05. Before the skies come down
06. Tides
07. Bleeding dust
08. You
09. Howl!
10. Grey

cfb_cover.jpg

(PS. since that release date seems to only be a Finnish one - anyone needing info about ordering it from Finland or wanting me buy it for you when the release is getting closer send me a PM.)

Tough -> Tougher -> TAROT :heh:

I've seen Tarot live twice this summer, but have to catch one more gig later this fall. :headbang:

Just a reminder note, there are a couple of links for foreign pre-orders on Tarot's official website and the linked webshops also carry their back catalog including the remasters.

I'd describe them as being dark, melodic, somewhat complex, mostly mid-tempo power metal. There's no particular band that they sound similar to; they're one of the more unique power metal bands in Europe these days. Their vocalist (Marco Hietala) is also the male backing vocalist for Nightwish.

This new stuff looks pretty darn spiffy... oddly enough, I just placed an order for the reissues last night (minus For the Glory of Nothing, which I already have the original of, and which sounds great as it is).

booB said:
I'd describe them as being dark, melodic, somewhat complex, mostly mid-tempo power metal. There's no particular band that they sound similar to; they're one of the more unique power metal bands in Europe these days. Their vocalist (Marco Hietala) is also the male backing vocalist for Nightwish.

This new stuff looks pretty darn spiffy... oddly enough, I just placed an order for the reissues last night (minus For the Glory of Nothing, which I already have the original of, and which sounds great as it is).

Fairly good description booB. The early stuff is more 80's power metal, because, of course it was recorded in the 80's. :p Over the years, they have really grown and developed, adding more and more elements and becoming a lot more melodic. They're actually using two singers now. Mostly Marco, but Tommi "Tuple" Salmela also sings leads for some songs. He's got a great voice that's smoother than Marco's and adds an excellent counter balance. Check out their official site.

I have those reissues, they rock! :headbang: Also saw them do the single "YOU" at MTR. :kickass: Kicks ass! They would be a great addition to ProgPower! :Smokin:

Astounding. Not very fond of the cover I like more the one of the 'You' single. Anyway I finally got two of the remasters at the market and I just order another one. I hope to be able to complete my Tarot collection by the time the new one is available this side of the pond.

pollution said:
So once again at the festival quite a few people were interested about Tarot stuff so I figured I should post this. I was pretty impressed to see at least one vendor carrying some of those remasters at PP since as far as I know they're only out in Finland. Anyway, here's the latest Tarot news for you all interested:

THE NEW ALBUM: "CROWS FLY BLACK"

The soon to be released next full length Tarot album is called Crows Fly Black. Excluding the group backing vocals the whole album has now been recorded and the album will be mixed and mastered at Finnvox studios in the beginning of next month.

The official album release date in Finland has been set to October 27th.

(PS. since that release date seems to only be a Finnish one - anyone needing info about ordering it from Finland or wanting me buy it for you when the release is getting closer send me a PM.)
Pre-ordered it today from Record Shop X.
Can't wait!! :Smokin:
Thanks for the tip, Link-Master. :worship:

St Enigma said:
Tough -> Tougher -> TAROT :heh:

YES!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

St Enigma said:
I've seen Tarot live twice this summer, but have to catch one more gig later this fall.

WAAH! :cry:

Guess we will have to go to Finland to see them once in our lives... :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Pre-ordered "Crows Fly Black" in Finland, too, of course. One more month to go!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

sarawi said:
YES!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Guess we will have to go to Finland to see them once in our lives... :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Seriously.. go for it!

You know if you happen to be anywhere near Frankfurt or Cologne/Bonn you could do it for damn cheap too. Ryanair flies from Frankfurt to Tampere and Tampere's location is great for going to some other cities (like Helsinki or Jyväskylä which is where I live at, always have some free crashing space for fellow PP'ers here :)). From Cologne/Bonn you could fly to Helsinki with Germanwings who also happen to be really cheap, starting from 19 euros one way including taxes and fees. I know they're already confirmed to play Helsinki Helloween Festival the 4th of November with Lordi, Kiuas, To/Die/For, Lullacry and SaraLee.

I'm rather sure this will come too fast for you but if you won't be too busy in 3 weeks and got a little extra cash, Tarot will be playing Tampere the 13th of October and the roundtrip flight tickets from Frankfurt to Tampere would be only about 68 euros including taxes and fees from www.ryanair.com. You could stay at a hotel just a few blocks from the venue which is 55 euros/night (fixed price for 1-4 persons staying in the room so with more than one it's damn cheap).

Tarot will very probably also play here where I live in November/December after the new album is out and I'll be going there to see them for the 18th time (sorry, hehe). Let me know if you wanna try to make it. Seriously you probably should do it as fast as possible since when Nightwish will get more active again the chances to see Tarot playing gigs like they do these days will be decreasing a lot for sure.

Damn i want that album, and i would love to go see them play live. My only hope to see them live for the next year or so is if Glenn does a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 and has NIGHTWISH, TAROT, and BROTHER FIRETRIBE at Progpower VIII. Which would really kickass.