TAROT: DVD Trailer Posted Online - Feb. 18, 2008

ALowerDeep

Sep 22, 2006
www.alowerdeep.com
A one-and-a-half-minute trailer for the forthcoming DVD from TAROT — the Finnish group led by NIGHTWISH/ex-SINERGY bassist Marco Hietala — can be viewed below. The DVD was filmed on August 17, 2007 at club Rupla in Kuopio, Finland with director Harri Mielonen and is scheduled for release later in the year.

A video interview with TAROT followed by some live footage from the Artmania festival in Sibiu, Romania (held June 15-17) can be found on Metalhead TV.

TAROT released its latest album, entitled "Crows Fly Black", in continental Europe in January 2007. The CD was issued in Finland in October 2006.

TAROT's first single from the latest album, "You", entered the national chart in Finland at position No. 1. The single contains two tracks: A straight-forward classic heavy metal song "You", taken from the new album, and a BLUE ÖYSTER CULT cover, "Veteran of the Psychic Wars".

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with everyone so far... this will tide me over nicely until they make their grand appearance in Atlanta.

Can't wait for this, and hopefully all our wishlists for Progpower with TAROT on it will come true, maybe one day. We can all pray and hope.

I'd love to see Tarot over here....at PP, at the Showcase, whatever. :)

I wonder if that's the same cover of "Veteran of the Psychic Wars" that Tarot released before? It's pretty good!
#1 on the charts in Finland...good news for my friends Michael and Eric, who wrote that particular ditty, and who would collect the royalties for it. :kickass:

just recently got turned onto these guys as well. i am a huge fan of marco's voice (his bass playing.. not so much). but his voice is so fuckin powerful in nightwish
that every TAROT song is majorly epic and powerful due to his voice alone.. everything else merely compliments it

cannot wait to get!

I wonder if that's the same cover of "Veteran of the Psychic Wars" that Tarot released before? It's pretty good!
#1 on the charts in Finland...good news for my friends Michael and Eric, who wrote that particular ditty, and who would collect the royalties for it. :kickass:
Yup it is, they have performed it live on pretty much every show the last few years. And they did it on the DVD show as well. Some people are probably curious about the set anyway so here's what they played on that show:

Crows fly black
Traitor
Pyre of Gods
Wings of darkness
Back in the fire
Tides
Bleeding dust
Veteran of the psychic wars
Crawlspace
Angels of pain
Warhead
Follow me into madness
Before the skies come down
Ashes to the stars
Undead son
You

encore:
Rider of the last day
I rule

Plenty of bonus material should appear on it too - including some songs from their hometown charity event last month where they performed providing music on stage for figure skaters doing their thing on the ice, can't get more metal than that! :heh:

I agree with everyone so far... this will tide me over nicely until they make their grand appearance in Atlanta.

+1!!!

I also can't wait for this DVD! Marco is one of my favorite singers and he puts on a hell of a show! I know that this DVD WILL be GOOD, so I'll be sure to buy it! Did Glenn or Shane every say if Tarot would ever be considered a possibility at PP?

Some people are probably curious about the set anyway so here's what they played on that show:

Crows fly black
Traitor
Pyre of Gods
Wings of darkness
Back in the fire
Tides
Bleeding dust
Veteran of the psychic wars
Crawlspace
Angels of pain
Warhead
Follow me into madness