Is there a way not to loose the snare w/o Gclip ITB?

Well, even when there is a wellknown and most simple thing one can do - you still have to do it right and you still have to decide when and were you want it to apply. For that you need some ears and not only "a sticky infobase thread" if you know what I mean :)
And as you can see - there are a lot of engineers who would first try to clip the shit out of the snare to make the hits cut through. And if you and I am honest: How often did we tried so hard to get something right - and after all it was just a minor tweak of the eq or whatever.

i usually clip the snare on its own. but if the snare is to compressed in the mix, it can cause pumping of master bus limiter/maximizer. i let the snare go to the 2 bus a bit hot, then make sure the clipper only affects the snare on the 2 bus, so the clipper chops off the extra snare volume.

the most important thing ive learned is different songs/bands need different things to help the mix sit better. try different things till u find one that works for that song.what works in 1 situation might not in another