Is there any other Morbid Angel song as good as Damnation???

Dreamer Deceiver

aka Pimpbot5000
Apr 20, 2003
Visit site
I just happened to download Damnation the other day, and I was like "holy shit!" this kicks ass. I thought I might have a new band to get into (not like they're new, but new to me :) ). But I was downloading some of their other stuff like "Bleed for the Devil", "God of Emptiness", and "Thy Kingdome Come" and nothing really seems to stand out. Any suggestions folks?

IMO their first four albums are the best, Blessed Are The Sick and Covenant being my favorite. They have quite a few songs which I think are better than Damnation: Rapture, Sworn To The Black, Fall From Grace, Day Of Suffering, Dawn Of The Angry, etc..

I haven't heard much from Morbid Angel (Damnation is way over-rated), but the song Summoning Redemption is bad-ass. It has one of the coolest riffs ever, period.

I have only Altars Of Madness from them so far. It had some wicked tracks. I heard the rest from downloading. I wonder why do people slag their Gateways To Annihilation album? It's not as heavy as their earlier work but it's interesting how there's more atmosphere in the songs.

Immortal Rites
Evil Spells
Dawn Of The Angry
Nothing But Fear
At One With Nothing

.Shit, Gateways is my favorite by far. But you don't think Summoning Redemption is as heavy as anything they've done before? That song is MASSIVELY heavy. Its like a giant bulldozer plowing through everything in its path nonstop for 7 minutes. They are also at a creative peak with the album, and the guitar work tops everything they've done before it. And the production is their absolute best, the album sounds great. An underrated album, definately. Now lets see how H2k3 is gonna be.... oh man I can't wait!