Is there anybody better than Andy?

its subjective and this isn't a constructive question.

Andy is great with so many hats on mix engineer, engineer, producer, mastering, guitarist, but he's not the only one and there of hundreds if not thousands of engineers out there who are just as amazing. They may excel slightly more in one area than Andy and then Andy may excel in another area.

One engineers mix may work with one band but not with another, one engineers approach to a session being laid back will work with one band but then another engineer who is strict will get the best performance with another band

its an open ended question there is no right or wrong
its what ever works for that band and that album of songs at that point in time

Andy is great with so many hats on mix engineer, engineer, producer, mastering, guitarist, but he's not the only one and there of hundreds if not thousands of engineers out there who are just as amazing. They may excel slightly more in one area than Andy and then Andy may excel in another area.

I am going to disagree with this. Sneap gets hands down the best metal guitar tones in the world. I don't think anyone is nearly as good at it as him. Maybe Mark Lewis. Certainly not hundreds or thousands.

Andy is the best at what he does, Jens Bogren is the best at what he does. The two of them do different things and have different strengths, and you can't really say that one or the other is better. Jens Bogren is definitely worth checking out if you haven't heard his stuff though.

Sturgis is the best producer ever.

trollface.jpg

I don't dig his bands but he's got his sounds, can mix well, and he's got quite a following. Good for him!

At the very top, there are no better or worse, they all are just perfectly right and flawless.

It is just like a brick wall of perfection.