Why is everyone posting there mixes in the main page now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just why is it such a big deal that people post finished mixes on the main forum? At the bottom of the 1st page their are posts going back to the 25th of November... I wouldn't call it clogged up by any means. If anything I'd prefer to hear more of people's final projects.

Take a look at the front page now. If you removed all the threads posted by people showing off their band's or their latest production it will be full of mixing practice threads and drum sample threads. Make a sub-forum for them instead. I call on people to post more stuff on the main page - I've heard some fucking cool stuff there and its definitely one of the main reasons I post here.

Lasse - if you do make a subforum I think it's only right to spell finaliSed the true English way ;)

I don't see how someone could've ONCE AGAIN brought up the "sims vs real thing rmm" argument, are some people still looking for any moment of turmoil to bring it up and start a riot? The whole elitist talk is bullshit, and I don't see how anyone could bring that up in this thread when the OP has absolutely nothing to do with. Just post finished mixes in Off topic and get it done with. The main forum theoretically speaking should be about Andy Sneap one way or another, although after all the sub forums it has turned out pretty random cause we're not gonna make 100 "I love Andy" threads (we do, but one big thread is enough), and to speak about his productions there's already subforum

Cool. On a personal level, I don't give a fuck where people post the albums they worked on. I've always posted them in the off-topic section. I do find it ridiculous to bring the whole elitism bullshit into this again, though. It's a simple matter of agreeing where to click before writing a message. Shouldn't be too hard.

I see it as a non-issue TBH. As Alex mentioned, there are threads on the main page dating back 4 days. The entire thing fits almost on a single page on my monitor, and even then the only 'hot topical' interests tend to be floating around the first dozen or so threads. I can't fathom why someone would consider this a problem. I'd have no issue whatsoever if you posted your finished CDs on the main page, instead of OT. In fact, I may actually see them then, because I rarely ever check OT, unless its for gaming-related threads.

I see it as a non-issue TBH. As Alex mentioned, there are threads on the main page dating back 4 days. The entire thing fits almost on a single page on my monitor, and even then the only 'hot topical' interests tend to be floating around the first dozen or so threads. I can't fathom why someone would consider this a problem. I'd have no issue whatsoever if you posted your finished CDs on the main page, instead of OT. In fact, I may actually see them then, because I rarely ever check OT, unless its for gaming-related threads.

Agreed :cool:

Andy has made it quite clear some time ago that he didn't want those threads on the main page, he back then asked JamesM to move them to the RMM section.
I know he's not around that often anymore, but that's what he said last time about this. Don't know why this would have changed meanwhile.
So I think posting "FINALISED/FINISHED" work TO PROMOTE THE BAND in OT is a fair compromise, after all Andy decides of course, but I don't wanna hassle him with that kind of stuff...let's just keep it from the main forum to have the percentage of "Andy related posts" as high as possible.
So if you feel your thread doesn't belong into the RMM section because you don't need comments about the mix, tone, etc AND it's a finished and possibly released product please post it in OT.

Thanks

EDIT: here's his post about this :

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/.../412973-abigail-williams-mix.html#post7453310

so actually he'd prefer all those threads in the RMM...so take that OT compromise and shut it! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.