Main Forum Announcement MUST READ!

It would be nice if "Mixing Practice" threads could have it's own sub-forum. I don't think it really falls under "Rate my mix" nor "production tips". When I post a song for "mixing practice", I don't really care about listening to too many mixes, it really is just for educational purposes for others to download and practice with a full session of tracks. And it would be a great way to alleviate threads like "anyone got any tracks to mix?"

This will never work because there are countless misc. threads in this main-forum going back a few years. Even if one stops posting unreleated sneap threads in this main-forum, what is one to do when they are researching or have a question regarding something there is a thread about with a plethora of information found in the andy sneap main thread, create a new thread? Or continue the same thread (that is in Andy Sneap thread). It just have been stopped from the beginning.

This will never work because there are countless misc. threads in this main-forum going back a few years. Even if one stops posting unreleated sneap threads in this main-forum, what is one to do when they are researching or have a question regarding something there is a thread about with a plethora of information found in the andy sneap main thread, create a new thread? Or continue the same thread (that is in Andy Sneap thread). It just have been stopped from the beginning.

Agreed. These posts should be moved to a "general" section (industry news, software releases, general audio topics, etc) and the "backstage" section could be made the default, displayed on the homepage.

This way, people are exposed to Andy's work, as was intended when the forum was created, but there is still a general section dedicated to industry news and general questions. The off-topic section will be less crowded and we'll avoid the problem of resurrected general threads.

Create one sticky with this information, and heavily moderate for a few weeks. After that it should be apparent to the newbies that they shouldn't post non-Sneap related threads on the homepage.

EDIT: Merge general threads about Sneap with the official (capitalized, as they already are) threads for bands he's worked with. Questions for Andy could also be asked here. I think it would be valuable to have everything in one place, easily accessible when you first visit the site.

I'm noticing this trend where mixes (songs, not a/b comparisons) get posted in the backline section and don't get moved when the OP lists the gear in the title. Likewise, we have guys asking for tips in the FOH section with a clips and mixes to demonstrate their issues.
It's the same grey area issues we've always had but it would be nice to get some clarity on this.

I think such threads should be reported (sometimes it can be a grey area as you said, but sometimes this is just wrong). Things are almost good on the main page now (still got a few posts in their but it's less and less), if we could keep subforums in such shape that's be awesome for everybody's interest.

Lasse, you might want to edit the 1st post to reflect the new sub forum names or at least have the new ones and old ones right next to each other ... might be helpful for new people who don't know where to look and might actually be trying to do the right thing

Just a thought