just a little reminder (Equipment Forum and thread titles)

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
I'm moving an average of 4 threads a day from the main forum to the equipment section...most of them have been posted by longtime members, so just a little reminder:

Software related questions (G.Pro, DFH, Revalver, EWQL, etc.) belong also to the equipment subforum, please make sure to post them there, you'll also be helped faster.

second:
unless it's in the OT area please make sure to give your threads a meaningful title....something like "omfg, wtf, this is insane" is alright in the OTT, but makes browsing through the main forum and subforums less easy.

Sorry if I sound like an anal little dictator, I'm just trying to make this forum more usable again ;)

thanks

Yeah meaningless thread titles are annoying (even though this awesome forum gives a preview of the thread).

I've already mentioned this but I (and perhaps other people) would also be grateful if you:

1. do not quote the latest post in the thread
(if someone happens to post before you, you can still edit your post and add "^^" in the beginning of your post).

2. do not quote posts with large and/or many pictures.
(Simply remove the part containing the pictures or if there's only a picture and you wish to comment on it - remove the tag.)

3. edit your post if it's the latest in the thread instead of adding a bunch of new ones.

One thing I wanted ask about though, Lasse - in the case of the TesseracT thread, did it really have to me moved to the Rate my Mix/Tone section? It just had a vid where no one could remotely hear enough of the mix/tone to rate it, seems more like a promo thing or just general sharing of a cool metal/production-related vid, so I tend to think the main forum is still the most logical place! (and I mention this because in the semi-near future I'll be posting a thread about my upcoming EP, so I'd prefer for it to not get dumped in the Rate my Mix section ;))

One thing I wanted ask about though, Lasse - in the case of the TesseracT thread, did it really have to me moved to the Rate my Mix/Tone section? It just had a vid where no one could remotely hear enough of the mix/tone to rate it, seems more like a promo thing or just general sharing of a cool metal/production-related vid, so I tend to think the main forum is still the most logical place! (and I mention this because in the semi-near future I'll be posting a thread about my upcoming EP, so I'd prefer for it to not get dumped in the Rate my Mix section ;))

I've actually thought about that, but then I remembered how James posted a similar thing (was a band's player, or myspace or something) and Andy moved it to the rate my mix forum and said that it'd belong there.
but yeah, I wasn't really sure, but it's hard to decide where to draw the line, some here are often posting finished mixes for example, not to get them rated but just to promote the band (like I've done lately with Inner Sanctum for example...I've also posted stuff like that in the main forum though), and if all those "promo-threads" would be posted in the main forum it'd be quite messy.

but you're right, this is a difficult case, I'd be fine with having it in the main forum also if the OP thinks he'd like it better here....I don't see though why lots of people seem to think that stuff won't get as much views if it's in a sub forum, that's what they're there for, isn't it :).

the title says "short video clip of the AXE-FX" which sounds like the thread belongs to the equipment or rate my mix section.....
could have been called something like "promo video/recording sessions Tesseract"...I'd probably not have it moved then ;)

I'd say promo stuff goes in the main forum. It's not off-topic and it's not rate my song/mix, so it's sorta unclassified which is what the main forum is for, as far as i understand it