Is there anyone in the biz with a deeper voice than Dan?

Some of Mike's guttural vox on Ghost Reveries are pretty fucking brutal, but I think Dan has him beat, especially on Livin' Hell.

batmura said:
I was talking about the clean voice. That said, the guy from Demilich is/was one of the sickest growlers out there.
Hell yeah! Antti does the most unique growls I've ever heard. I read somewhere he exhales (not inhale as I thought) to do those burping growls...no effects :OMG:

karpsmom said:
off topic: haha, Judge Weiner. I live in New York also, and my last name is Wiener! That's kinda funny. :lol:

So new yorks weiners at its finest huh?:Smokin:

Well regarding the deep voice, i always thought mikael (opeth) had a deep voice, and i would vow for peter steele as the deepest but then again who the hell knows nowadays people tend to go along with anyone doing that kind of voice ( listen to the 69 eyes for example :puke: ).

I didn't think of this until after I posted, but Randy from Lamb of God has a really deep voice too. Listen to the spoken word vocals at the beginning of "Omerta" and especially when he says 'Eternal Winter' in the song "Break You." He goes from his regular semi-death vocals to some kind of uber-growl. I love when death vocalists do that.

Does anyone else notice that the vocalists with the deepest voices tend to be really skinny?

karpsmom said:
off topic: haha, Judge Weiner. I live in New York also, and my last name is Wiener! That's kinda funny. :lol:

Brooklyn eh? I work in Manhattan.. maybe I'll stop by your place and drink all your beer one day.

:kickass: then :puke: then :kickass: some more!

Unicorn said:
I think Batmura meant the normal singing voice.
Yes, he can sing pretty deep. Some moments on Crimson I or the "return to fantasy" cover.

Ahh true that.... didnt think of that hehe... well come to think of it I dont think ive heard anyone sing as low apart from maybe pete steel but even then dan's quite lower I think

I was watching South Park and Chef was there...as we know, Chef's voice is Isaac Hayes who has a vocie almost as low as Barry White.

OOOOH Suck on my chocolate salty balls...stick'em in your mouth and suck'em

paradoxile said:
I was watching South Park and Chef was there...as we know, Chef's voice is Isaac Hayes who has a vocie almost as low as Barry White.

OOOOH Suck on my chocolate salty balls...stick'em in your mouth and suck'em

To bad he'e a scientologist (or whatever they call it)...Now he's out of the series.

Maron said:
To bad he'e a scientologist (or whatever they call it)...Now he's out of the series.

Yeah, Last episode with Chef(2 weeks ago) they had to cut and paste Hayes'
voice..."I wanna make love...to the children"
They made "Darth Chef" out of him.

Kenneth R. said:
i don't get that religion at all, i mean pagans, christians, muslims, jews, all make sense. scientology is a fad :lol:

actually none of them make sence
but that's for "Does Dan question existance" thread

fireangel said:
:)

yeah, he´s really good (except for he has a bad day, but even then). He can also sing very high plus do hilarious power metal screams :D Songs like "It´s all Tears" have it all, and it´s a pleasure to listen to them live. He can switch between all that in no time. You´ll find it also on those 70s Finnish songs he recorded as "Ville Valo & The Agents".

But I also agree that the whole Star One album is worth buying for the (too little) parts with your voice, I am not so interested in the rest of them.. ;)

NP: Hel - Falland Vörandi

What a nice taste in music. :)
And thanks for bringing me into Kent :headbang: It's pretty often in my cd player