Is there anyone in the biz with a deeper voice than Dan?

Unicorn said:
What a nice taste in music. :)

:lol:

I´m halfway through listening, but not yet finished, otherwise I would have written you about it. I started dealing with it after I returned from my holidays. It has a little Crimson 2-touch to it :D but not too much, so I hear your own ideas. But definitely that´s there, and done very well!!

And thanks for bringing me into Kent :headbang: It's pretty often in my cd player

*heh*
you could check out the newest mp3 by Dark Filth Fraternity, The Orchid Song, it´s awesome, I like it soo much..You can get it from the homepage. In summer, finally the album will be released :cool:

FUBAR said:
Johnny Cash...he was deep

Yeah. We're out of the metal biz, but anyway. Johnny Cash does a low B (!!) on the track "Daddy sang bass", but the recording is pretty old. But on a newer album you should check out his deep sounding D's on "Southern Accents". Groundshaking

Ooooooooooooh, Eric Clayton from Saviour Machine has a super deep voice too! He was also on Ayreon's "The Human Equation" as Reason. Vintersorg also has a pretty deep voice on his earlier albums!

Jabarkas said:
Moonspell guy Fernando Ribeiro
Very true, I remember seeing the video for "In and Above Men", and that part when they rise from the grave was very cool. I would describe his vocals as "back from the dead" vocals I guess. Carl Mccoy from the Fields is similar....

batmura said:
Garm perhaps is the only one that comes close, but honestly, Dan Swano has got to have the deepest voice of them all.

What do you think?
There are probably thousands of vocalists than sing, or can sing, deeper than Dan. He's not that low, dude!

Eyesore said:
There are probably thousands of vocalists than sing, or can sing, deeper than Dan. He's not that low, dude!
Dude, can you give me some names in metal whose voices are lower than Dan's? I've heard thousands of singers, but not too many pop up in my mind.

Some that I agree with are the aforementioned Garm, Eric Clayton, and Peter Steele. When you say there are thousands of them, well, that makes it interesting. I'd like to hear your picks.