Is there nothing about Opeth to discuss anymore?

Slynt

Lord and Liar
May 31, 2001
Norway
Visit site
I don't mind threads which don't relate to Opeth, but I was wondering if there is anything interesting which has to do with Opeth that we can discuss. Not that I can come up with something interesting....:p ....

How about Opeth the home pregnency test, Opeth the underwear, an OPeth high quality, prestige, deluxe, custom, grade A, combination key ring and garden hose (little Carlin for you all)

I think we can come up with Opeth stuff to talk about:

For instance - aren't there people who study one phrase of the bible their entire lives looking for meaning? If this is true, why not take a passage from any Opeth song, and begin to decipher it's meaning - both lyrically and musically.

Hey - with 5 albums and ?# of songs, I think we have plenty of work to do.

About meaning... I read in an interview that "opeth" means City of the Moon...is that (opeth) another language, or is it taken from a book or something?

Speaking of which, how was that book? Should I look into reading it? I know Mikael wasn't the one who named the band, so he also wasn't the one interested enough in the book to name a band after a city in it; nonetheless, is it good?

The bibble comparison is more valid than you think, he he hoo... The lyrics to Still Life are written in such a convoluted, dictionaristic and multiinterpretationable manner that we can start a new religion based on them ! What do you say, Opethians :p ? (hmmm...)

(Still Life is actually one of my all-time top 5 albums)

---------------------------------------------
NP: The Doors - Waiting for the Sun

Originally posted by TyrantOfFlames

What style of writing are the Wilbur Smith books?

You know, there are those things called "words" and mister Smith has put them one after another to form something called "phrases". Inbetween those "words" and "phrases" are points and commas and such. Then, when there has been enough of these "phrases", mister Smith has decided there is a "chapter". And finally, many "chapters" form a "book"...

Honestly, I have no idea and would be glad to know the answer myself.

-Villain (an illiterate literate one)

it would be action adventure and the books take place in like the 14th century or so, in like the pirtate times. Its about an english captin who is making his away around (and through) Africa very descriptive stuff.Alot of good battle scenes great stuff.