Is this supposed to happen, or am I doing something very wrong?

damaging the brain.. lol thats bollocks :p

well if you were in a band, and were playing a gig, and everyone was just standing around, shuffling their feet with their hands in their pocket and looking bored, i would have thought you think everyone didnt like your music or something. id much rather see people headbaning and going crazy at the front to your music.

Demonic_Angel said:
hey.. do headbanging chicks look stupid??

Not to me...it shows that they are into the music and have no problem when they hear an awesome riff to plant their too feet down and bang their head to the music.

So to all the people that think that headbanging is stupid, do you think the bands who you see doing it look stupid?

I don't think headbanging is stupid (if you have long hair), but headbanging to the point of injury certainly is. I also think people who are of the "you must headbang or mosh or you're not into the music" mentality are stupid.

None of these are as stupid as moshing though.

TrevJ said:
I don't think headbanging is stupid (if you have long hair), but headbanging to the point of injury certainly is. I also think people who are of the "you must headbang or mosh or you're not into the music" mentality are stupid.

None of these are as stupid as moshing though.

last time i proper moshed i hurt my back so bad, it was painful to bend down for liek 2 weeks. never again.

Hexxan said:
haha, damaging? i went Symphony X on monday, headbanging all night, then the next day had a science mock exam at 8:45. i got my results back today and i got a good solid A. i mean i only had 6 hours sleep and was replaying 'Out of the Ashes' over and over in my head, hardly even thinking about the exam.

Symphony X.. what a show! And yeah, I can't stop playing Out of the Ashes since that gig (35 times to be precise..), best song of the night.

yeh moshing is crap and ppl who do it annoy the hell out of me when they bash into me. another thing that pisses me off at gigs is people who wear spikes, then try and squeeze in next to people.

i have short hair and headbang, but i dont care :p i am growing it long now tho.

phon1c said:
Symphony X.. what a show! And yeah, I can't stop playing Out of the Ashes since that gig (35 times to be precise..), best song of the night.

yea! that and Smoke and Mirrors, was what really made it special, also Inferno is an amazing opening track, almost started moshing with the amount of jumping i did :p but hey, it got me closer to the stage :D

I see some people headbanging like a madman throughout an entire concert, I don't know how they can do that without snapping their neck. But I do headbang to the good heavy riffs. I don't do it cause I'm a metalhead, it's just when I hear a huge pounding riff it's almost a reflex to swing my head up and down.

I know whenever I listen to Domination by Pantera (the one on Live 101 Proof) I have to stop anything I'm doing and headbang like a crazy motherfucker.

It is slightly annoying when you're trying to watch/hear the band, but instead you're getting the crap beaten out of you by some headbanger's hair, which tends to have the texture of steel pipes...

At Opeth in a week's time i shall be standing motionless and staring.

Well, the neck is better today, which is good. Talking about headbanging, I have to headbang. Its like a necessity for me and I do find it really hard to keep my head still, unless I'm taking a photo. There is bad news for the neck though. I have Marduk on Tuesday, Enslaved on the 24th and then Bodom on the 2nd May...I think my head is going to come off, I mean its Bodom! Actually, I did make sure I just watched Opeth without headbanging for periods when I saw them for the 3rd time in March.

Well I listened to a lot of thrash before I went to black and death so headbanging is as natural as breathing to me. Thrash fucking forces you to headbang. You can't just sit there and listen to it without atleast moving your head a bit. If you can sit still during thrash you obviously aren't into the music.
tongue.gif

Oh and by the way - the only people who 'look stupid' are the ones who are so afraid of looking stupid that they don't even have fun at shows.

Headbanging = good; not if you go al crazy and tear up your neck muscles.

Moshing = good; those who oppose it don't like excercise and spend a great deal of their time on their asses in front of their computer (of course this is an assumption :) ).

I don't mind moshing OR headbanging. I just don't like to mosh personally, but let people do it if they want.

What I really hate are people who get against the railing by the stage, then get angry when moshers bump into them. I mean, why are you there if you mind getting hit?

For instance, I saw Dimmu Borgir and Cryptopsy in Dallas (killer show) and there was this "goth" guy up front who had this giant steel claw thing on his hand, and would always put it in the air and take pictures of Shagrath with it in the shot...anyway, he kept getting hit and he was yelling at everyone. I guess it was messing up his "claw shots."

Oh, well...:lol: