I don't know what this is supposed to mean anymore.

JasinElric

Straf Drah Studio
Apr 25, 2012
Hello all! Been a while. So I keep coming across this boundary and I really have no idea what it means. We have Deicide, Impaled Nazarene, Cannibal Corpse, Lividity, and countless others that really get passed this. I'm just wondering where the line is drawn and how this is defined. I don't want to waste money on any of these services if my stuff is going to get taken down because someone's feelings get hurt from my barely understandable lyrics.

Anyone ever have any problems with distros like this, or any insight on how these terms are defined? What constitutes obscenity? Who/what am I not permitted to offend? Who/what am I not permitted to hate? Who/what am I not permitted to inflame?

This is a screen shot from Record Union's ToS, but I've seen it on almost every single online distribution and funding platform:

2bfae6da1c.jpg

Don't know what you're uploading to, and if I'm talking out of place, but it's purposely vague speech. It means they can remove your stuff for whatever reason and blame it on the rules.

Same with youtubes new guidelines for stopping people from monetizing videos:
  • Sexually suggestive content, including partial nudity and sexual humour
  • Violence, including display of serious injury and events related to violent extremism
  • Inappropriate language, including profanity, harassment and vulgar language
  • Promotion of drugs and regulated substances, including selling, use and abuse of such items
  • Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including subjects related to war, political conflicts, natural disasters and tragedies, even if graphic images are not shown.
That means "If we don't like you, your face, your dog, we can remove you whenever we feel like it."