Is this the last nail in the coffin for OZZFEST??

mloanna

Sep 18, 2006
Los Angeles
Interesting this is online from Blabbermouth after seeing the thread on OZZFEST SURVEY...Rumor: OZZFEST 2007 To Move Indoors - Feb. 2, 2007

Rumors are running rampant that the "surprise groundbreaking, historic announcement" that Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne will make about this summer's Ozzfest will involve a change from the tour's traditionally open-air format to an indoor-arena setup, with Osbourne serving as the headliner on most, if not all, the dates, and around 5-6 additional bands on the bill and a few others on select stops. According to unconfirmed reports, the change will be made to reduce the high cost of running the festival as well as to address the sluggish ticket sales that have plagued the festival in recent years. In addition, it will deal with the fact that outside venues tend to cause Ozzy's allergies to flare up — as they did on his most recent run as the Ozzfest headliner in 2005 — which invevitably leads to concert cancellations.

"He's been having a lot of voice problems," Sharon stated during Ozzfest's 2005 run. "Ozzy suffers from hay fever. When the pollen count is high, he's just wiped out. And there's only so many things he can take for it."

Interesting this is online from Blabbermouth after seeing the thread on OZZFEST SURVEY...Rumor: OZZFEST 2007 To Move Indoors - Feb. 2, 2007

Rumors are running rampant that the "surprise groundbreaking, historic announcement" that Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne will make about this summer's Ozzfest will involve a change from the tour's traditionally open-air format to an indoor-arena setup, with Osbourne serving as the headliner on most, if not all, the dates, and around 5-6 additional bands on the bill and a few others on select stops. According to unconfirmed reports, the change will be made to reduce the high cost of running the festival as well as to address the sluggish ticket sales that have plagued the festival in recent years. In addition, it will deal with the fact that outside venues tend to cause Ozzy's allergies to flare up — as they did on his most recent run as the Ozzfest headliner in 2005 — which invevitably leads to concert cancellations.

"He's been having a lot of voice problems," Sharon stated during Ozzfest's 2005 run. "Ozzy suffers from hay fever. When the pollen count is high, he's just wiped out. And there's only so many things he can take for it."

:lol:

Ozzfest sucks = sluggish ticket sales
Ozzy can't sing for shit = He's been having a lot of voice problems

Give me a break! :lol:

Ozzfest problems IMO have way more to do with poor management and general misinterpretation of fan interest. This allergy excuse seems more of an excuse than anything else. I went in '03 and 04, but have since become disgruntled with band scheduling and pricing. It just isn't worth it. Clearly I'm not the only one. Moving indoors is not going to change that.

it seems like a lot of the same type bands on ozzfest every year...how many nu-metal bands does sharon think she can cram down our throats?...seriously....a little diversity in the types of etal they do would make the whole experience a lot more enjoyable...and having bls on every ozzfest just seems like a waste to me...d.m.

it seems like a lot of the same type bands on ozzfest every year...how many nu-metal bands does sharon think she can cram down our throats?...seriously....a little diversity in the types of etal they do would make the whole experience a lot more enjoyable...and having bls on every ozzfest just seems like a waste to me...d.m.

The last one that caught my attention was the one I went to 10 years ago: Pantera, Ozzy, Type O Negative, Drain STH, Manson, Fear Factory, Neurosis, Coal Chamber (eh) and a handful of others that I can't recall off hand... but then again I was 18 at the time. I don't know if I'd see those bands again on one bill, as I doubt it would happen.

-Metal

I went in 04 and 05 for Dimmu, Lacuna Coil, Soilwork, In Flames, Shadows Fall, Rob Zombie and that's about it. It was alright fun when I went with my buds but it's harder now and PP is better music anyways.

Good. I hate outdoor shows anyway. There's just something unnatural about seeing metal bands playing under a scorching hot sun. I know, in the motherland of Europe, they do it all the time, but to me it's not good atmosphere.

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT:

HEAVEN and HELL to headline Ozzfest 2007.

I would seriously hope that everyone in Dio's camp would say HELL NO to this. If Sharon wants Heaven & Hell to play then they should play under the real name BLACK SABBATH. Business is business and money is always a factor but if they do play though I hope WENDY DIO kicks the crap out of Sharon if and when any problems like with Maiden go down.

I would seriously hope that everyone in Dio's camp would say HELL NO to this. If Sharon wants Heaven & Hell to play then they should play under the real name BLACK SABBATH. Business is business and money is always a factor but if they do play though I hope WENDY DIO kicks the crap out of Sharon if and when any problems like with Maiden go down.

Heaven and Hell has nothing to do with Sharon or Ozzy. Tony Iommi owns the rights to the Black Sabbath name. The band as a collective chose to not reunite as Black Sabbath, due to the Ozzy-era's lineup being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

They did not want to confuse anyone that would be expecting Black Sabbath (with Ozzy), and are going out as Heaven and Hell out of respect to the original Sabbath lineup.

I have a blast at Ozzfest every year. Last years line up did pretty much suck though. It won't be the same if they move it from Shorline Amphitheater...
Shorline has a huge bar in the front that is fun when bands come on that I could care less about. Then I go in there, where it's a non-stop party... Plus the chicks with the freshly painted taters are always a treat! :)

I wish Gigantour would step up. People need to support this festival even on off years to your liking.