Is this the last nail in the coffin for OZZFEST??

How would Gigantour step in and take over? They would be gettting the same crowd that ozzfest is getting now with the open-air format, and thats if it is miraculously promoted. You would also need to bring big name recognition bands to carry with such a large plan and expect a large turnout, and by big I mean mtv2 big. I don't see it being done.

"He's been having a lot of voice problems," Sharon stated during Ozzfest's 2005 run.

Ozzy has been having "voice problems" for longer than just 2005. His voice sucked in 2004 when they headlined with Judas Priest. But his stage proformance sucked as well ... I felt like I was watching ozzy-robics. He looked really silly an quite pathetic. We left early.

Looks like Gigantour needs to step up and take over.
I third that notion! However I don't really see Gigantour "taking over" as such. (Not unless Dave Mustaine wants to go on national television and make an ass of himself with a bad reality show.) I think if the festivsal stepped up to the challenge over the next few years, they could still become something similar to the status of a ProgPower. This is to mean that they could have a decent sized, but loyal semi-underground following. I think some of the bands they could get would be at the same status as some of the Ozzfest bands. But overall, Gigantou seams to cater to a slightly different audience.

It just isn't worth it.
Thank you! For a little while it was the metal major festival in North America, but now Ozzfest has just become a joke! It seems like any publicity stunt they can pull they do and the management just doesn't seem to give a crap about finding good bands that are really worth coming to see instead of just radio foder. IMO, 75-95% of the bands on the bills the last several years have all sounded the same. :puke:

They did not want to confuse anyone that would be expecting Black Sabbath (with Ozzy), and are going out as Heaven and Hell out of respect to the original Sabbath lineup.
Props to Tony and the guys for being so respectful to themselves. :lol: I understand that they wouldn't want to piss off an uneducated audience and have an angry crowd on their hands, but I call 'em like I see 'em. Unless I can go back in time, the line-up with Dio is is the only Black Sabbath line-up that I ever want to see again.

SHARONFEST has been the biggest downfall of metal in the history of metal. It has given the name METAL a very bad name. High Ticket prices(who wants to spend $100 for a ticket to see a side stage) Plus her management skills and promotion skills are to say the least on the same level as Ozzy's comprehension level......null and void.
I think it is in the best interest to just bow out of the touring festival arena and let others take over, maybe not as touring festivals or maybe just that. There are promoters out there who DO have a grip on reality and the pulse of the metal needs for this country, let them take over. When every year your tour consist of basically the same bands as headliners(Ozzy in so form or fashion, BLS) it gets boring as hell, Think how ProgPower would be if there was the same two headliners every year(well, not a good analogy as some headliners would be okay every year)
Ozzfest needs to be taken out back an euthinized and put out of its misery, and the Osbourne's need to move back to England for good.

I went to Ozzfest once, and had a pretty good time. My ticket was free, I saw some bands (including the one I really wanted to see, CoF), and I left before the night grew too old.
I'd have been pissed if I'd paid full price, though, because a couple of the more interesting bands that year played incredibly early in the day (10am?!), the concessions were high-priced, etc. Meh. I won't miss it.

I went to Ozzfest once, and had a pretty good time. My ticket was free, I saw some bands (including the one I really wanted to see, CoF), and I left before the night grew too old.
I'd have been pissed if I'd paid full price, though, because a couple of the more interesting bands that year played incredibly early in the day (10am?!), the concessions were high-priced, etc. Meh. I won't miss it.

That was the only year I attended too! I went just for Cradle, pretty much.. there were some other good, but nothing great..

I left a few songs into Ozzy's show.. it was horrible..

SHARONFEST has been the biggest downfall of metal in the history of metal. It has given the name METAL a very bad name.

l'm pretty sure Slipknot and other bands will disagree with you. Ozzfest has catapulted alot of bands careers, giving them exposure & fame that they may not have achieved otherwise.

l've only been to one & that one was with Priest. l'll have to admit that was a damn good show. Even some of the side stage bands piqued my interest. As much as l'm not a fan of Sharon, this event still serves a purpose.

Some years are better than others. When I got to see Machine Head, Fear Factory, Type O, Soulfly, System of A Down, PANTERA, Coal Chamber... granted not the power/prog type of metal, but it was a good time.

And if it wasn't for Ozfest I would have never gotten to see MOTORHEAD :kickass: ... standing on stage while they're playing mind you, and not having beers w/ them after the show.

After the first 2-3 I quit going cos I had no desire to see pappa roach bands, although Meshuggah would have been nice to see.

l'm pretty sure Slipknot and other bands will disagree with you. Ozzfest has catapulted alot of bands careers, giving them exposure & fame that they may not have achieved otherwise.

l've only been to one & that one was with Priest. l'll have to admit that was a damn good show. Even some of the side stage bands piqued my interest. As much as l'm not a fan of Sharon, this event still serves a purpose.

True this tour has had some good names on it. I went to the first 3 and last years but there are a bunch of bands that it did bring into the spotlight that should have been left in the dark. But then again...Hot topic the store can be the blame too.

How would Gigantour step in and take over? They would be gettting the same crowd that ozzfest is getting now with the open-air format, and thats if it is miraculously promoted. You would also need to bring big name recognition bands to carry with such a large plan and expect a large turnout, and by big I mean mtv2 big. I don't see it being done.

Gigantour while being a smaller version of Ozzfest has a chance to bring other acts on tour. It would represent the metal we don't get here in the U.S.. Last year Amon Amarth and Opeth played.

Gigantour while being a smaller version of Ozzfest has a chance to bring other acts on tour. It would represent the metal we don't get here in the U.S.. Last year Amon Amarth and Opeth played.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but both of those bands [Amon Amarth and Opeth] played the states several years before they made it on the bill for Gigantour, so it wasn't like Gigantour was the only thing that ever brought them to the US. (I'm sure it helped increase their visibility in the mainstream though.) Still, in comparision to Ozzfest, Gigantour certainly raises the bar for the quality of metal bands on a large scale touring festival.

Hmm, interesting. They imply that bands will have to tour "for free".....which is actually a step up from having to pay $60,000 to Sharon to play a sometimes miserable slot on the side-stage for the run of the tour.....

Naw.. the headliners will have to play for free. They'll just up the cost for the opening bands to $100k to cover some costs.

I doubt that any band will play for free. I bet that there will be a sponsorship deal with those acts. If they go that route, look for characters like Chris Daughtry to be on the main stage.

As for going inside: Ozzfest is slowly but surely dying. Everyone knows this except Sharon. I REALLY believe that Ozzy does not even want to tour anymore, and that Sharon is forcing him. If it is true that Ozzy might not even be on the bill, Ozzfest will be doomed to crash and burn. Sharon does not have brains enough to save it from that fate.