Is UM running slow or is it my computer?

say half and half. hey cool! i was in houston for about an hour a couple weeks ago! i might have seen you. or, i might not have. i suspect the latter. why, i do not know

Had some more memory installed last night (with another batch to be put in over the next couple of days) which should help with the server speed... Let me know how it goes :) I can't tell myself, since my connection's shithouse! :lol:

Mine runs great now. It was just that one day when I culdn't do anything. Hell, it could have been my computer's fault, and not UM. Anyway, everything works great right now.

Oh, what happened to our avatars?

Originally posted by Dreamlord
Oh, what happened to our avatars?

I think there's an announcement thread/post in the In Flames forum explaining how avatars were all being moved to a separate server to improve bandwith/performance issues, or something like that. They'll be back by the end of the week I think.

Avatars are disabled until Friday, when everyone will be able to re-add them via a new field in their profile (not yet there, so don't bother to look;)). You'll need to store them on your own webspace though (ask your ISP, you might get free space with your account!).

Since turning them off, and move the forum logos to another machine, our bandwidth has dropped by a third!