The thread where you make me laugh.

Gallantry over Docility said:
own3d.jpg
saw this on the first page made me laugh, cry, laugh some more, then made me remember i'm glad i live in america... wait no it doesn't... or does it? IM CONFUSED!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!(i do this alot dont i? do i? i dont remember? or do i NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!)

I felt the need to repost this, seeing as it's the cleverest thing in recent Daily Show memory, seeing as the Daily Show is quickly going crap...

[regarding the stupid fucking 'art exhibit' set up in NYC over the weekend]

John Stewart: Steven, I can't help but wonder, what does all of this mean?

Steven Colbert: The Gates is a triumph of contemporary installation art. Each gate redifining its section of the park as not a public place for private reflection, but a private place for public reflection. Juxtaposed against the bareness of midwinter, it causes a chromatic orgy, a riot of color achieves a redefamiliarization of place-time, the what-ness of our where-ness; no longer framed...I'm sorry, I've run out of crap.

John Stewart: IS this great art?

Steven Colbert: Yes, John. Because like all great art, it challenges what we know about hte world. For instance, I used to think that $21 million could be used to achieve something noble, like to build a hospital wing. But The Gates, has recontextualized my perception of what $21 million could be used for. In this case, redecorating a bike path.

John Stewart: Do you think shrouding these walkways in orange curtains will somehow change our lives in New York?

Steven Colbert: Oh it's happening already John, just today, I saw an installation artist take a sandwich, and, and wrap it with a paper like substance...almost waxy in texture. He kept wrapping it and wrapping it, and...obviously I'm not doing it justice here, but he kept wrapping it until he had visually achieved, "not sandwich." Yeah, and this is the genius part, John, at the last minute, he cut it in half, in a final act of "resandwichment."

John Stewart: S..so...so, you had lunch at a Deli.

Steven Colbert: Okay, okay...fine, I was at, "A Deli." Ordering, lunch. If that's how you "need" to think of it. "John."

Teh Grimarse said:
I felt the need to repost this, seeing as it's the cleverest thing in recent Daily Show memory, seeing as the Daily Show is quickly going crap...

I remember that interview. Man, that was definetely an all-time classic. I now much prefer The Colbert Report to the Daily Show.

Eh, sometimes Colbert gets annoying, I watched him for probably a months every night along with Daily Show, and I grew tired of Colbert.

Fuckin' sex, says I. I'd hit that while vacuuming. As long as you take down the Titanic poster.