Is Yasser Dead? What can this mean for the future?

Bush Said to Be Told Arafat is Dead
by Meteor Blades
Thu Nov 4th, 2004 at 09:31:58 PST

A flurry of reports are saying that Palestinian President Yasser Arafat has died, with others, including Palestinian leaders, saying this is not so:

Officials play down reports on Palestinian leader

Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat has been transferred to another facility to receive treatment more appropriate for his condition, a spokesman for a Paris military hospital said Thursday.

The spokesman told reporters that Arafat is not dead.

Earlier senior Palestinian officials told CNN Arafat was in critical condition after drifting in and out of consciousness throughout the night.
However, even if he's not dead, it's only a matter of time:

French doctor says Arafat has no chance of coming out of coma

Yasser Arafat was in a coma and in critical condition Thursday in an intensive care ward of a French military hospital, as senior Palestinian Authority officials rushed to Ramallah for emergency meetings of governing bodies formally headed by the stricken leader, Palestinian sources said.

I am the twentieth century's greatest survivor! All I ask is that, if I am indeed felled by this cancer, the disease be renamed "Jewkemia" so that my people can always remember how the Israelis conspired to kill me and the Palestinian dream.

Bush's response to being told Arafat is dead should be:

"Now, hopefully, the dream of independent Palestinian statehood can cease being a symbol and start being a reality."