Isis - Wavering Radiant

Rogue Eagle

Oct 6, 2007
New Zealand
So who's heard this album yet?

I think it's a pretty damned solid release from Isis personally.

Easily delivers more than Opeths' Watershed did for me (I know it's not fair to compare, but I looked forward to both releases)

It's a bit aggressive, polished and spaced at the same time. I guess I think of it as if Oceanic and In the Absence of truth were forced to mate and this was their offspring.

Can't wait to get a physical copy of it! :kickass:

I really don't hear anything new, outside of the typical Isis formula here....
Not only that, but the production is pretty weak...it sounds like everything is overly compressed. Granted, this is within the first 5 minutes of checking the first track out, so i might change my opinion later.

I like it, will have to listen to it more to determine how it ranks with the other albums though.

I'm looking forward to hearing this one. Understandable I guess if it just sounds like Isis, they are how many albums in now? 5 or so? So of course they are probably not going to have that immediate impact, as most groups tend to do as they release more and more material. Still, I liked In The Absense Of Truth, so if it can at least reach up to it, I'd probably go and get it.

I really don't hear anything new, outside of the typical Isis formula here....
Not only that, but the production is pretty weak...it sounds like everything is overly compressed. Granted, this is within the first 5 minutes of checking the first track out, so i might change my opinion later.

btw dude, do you play with that band (the awakening)? it's amazing !! I listened to it few months back, Angel (bassist i htink) linked me and i was totally amazed.

had no real expectations for this one following itaot but its really surprised me. dont know wtf xxopethxx is talking about weak production for, easily best production for an isis release imo. probably put the album as a whole beside panopticon and behind oceanic. oceanic obliterated. but this does very nicely.

had no real expectations for this one following itaot but its really surprised me. dont know wtf xxopethxx is talking about weak production for, easily best production for an isis release imo. probably put the album as a whole beside panopticon and behind oceanic. oceanic obliterated. but this does very nicely.

Now you have really piqued my interest.

GIMME GIMME GIMME :p

Vocally Oceanic was actually my least favorite besides the sweet screams on "The Other" - but otherwise yea, it's probably their best.

Panopticon is still easily their best record but Wavering Radiant is still good and will definitely find a place in my top 10 for the year. I have no problems with the production at all.

Did they carry over the tribal drumming from ITAOT ??

Also read that Adam Jones of Tool plays on a couple of the tracks.