Cool record for ISIS fans to check out....

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Being pretty much obssessed with ISIS currently such as I am, I have been looking for similar stuff to listen to. If you're a fan of ISIS check out OLD MAN GLOOM. I just got their Seminar II/The Holy Rites Of Primitivism Regressionism and it's fucking awesome. It's kind of a super group thing....and one of the members is Aaron Turner of ISIS.

Be forwarned though, it's definately experimental in places (which I happen to dig the shit out of), but there are some very ISIS like elements....including a song called Hot Salvation that almost sounds like an outtake from Oceanic. I think anybody who loves ISIS will, at the very least, like this a whole hell of a lot. They have other albums too, but I can't personally vouch for 'em. You can bet I'll be seeking them out though. If you want to hear a sample head over to Amazon or something.....check out Hot Salvation! The whole thing is great though. Same atmospheric, eerie, half-metal kind of thing.....hard to put one's finger on.....just like ISIS, but completely beautiful.

nice thanks for the info dude
love isis
and i understand what ur saying with a reminiscent features of sidebands

such as TOOL then u have aperfectcircle which has those tool elements in some songs

and nightrage and At the Gates
i'll check em out soon

what albums have they got?
anyone heard "serart" yet?
are they any good?

So far as ISIS records I only have Oceanic and a bunch of MP3s that a friend put together from the rest of the records, all of which I like. The OLD MAN GLOOM is the only one I have, but I know they have several others.
No, I haven't heard Serart but am interested.....
Also, I agree with your comparison ala Tool/APC.....
Incidentally, the first time I heard ISIS the thing it reminded me most of was the stuff from SALIVAL, most specifically Peach's "You Lied".......so I've always considered ISIS to have some TOOL elements to them.....Tool, by the way, happens to be the band I personally put above all others (insofar as I bother to make such mental lists....)

yes me too!!!!
TOOL and opeth are my all time fav "up-there" bands
it used to be some other bands as wlel btu they all died
such as
Fear Factory
Emperor
At the Gates
:(

is "you lied" a peach cover?
ooooh i didnt know that

Old Man Gloom is great indeed. You should definetly check out Seminar III -Zozobra. It's only one song lasting about 27 minutes. Also Isis's Celestial is very fine record. Other bands in the genre I like are Nerosis, Botch and a swedish band Breach.

It's good to see another fan of Breach.

Old Man Gloom have two full lengths (Meditations in B and Seminar II) and an EP (Seminar III). Yes, they are a super group with members from Isis, Converge, and Cave In.

If you are into such bands as these, I'd suggest Today is the Day (if you're strong enough), Cult of Luna, 5ive, Kiss It Goodbye, and the aforementioned Neurosis, Botch, and Breach.