Isis

SocialNumb

Damn Christians!
Aug 15, 2006
Boyton, WPB, FL
So, I had no idea who Isis was till about a month ago. Been listening to them everyday since then. Panopticon is great! :kickass:

Isis has given me a total different view on what my future efforts will sound like. Certain elements of it anyway. I've been in a non inspiring state of mind for a little over a year. So Isis is inspiring me to get back to it. I love this forum. :headbang:

So who else should I check out in this vain?

Also, who has the heads up on achieving the Isis Panopticon drum sound. I have AD, EZ with all expansions except country & DKFHS. I also have several sampler plugs & hardware samplers if needed. I also have Aptriga. Can any one cook up a preset?

Check out Aaron's side project Old Man Gloom....some very Isis-like moments. Am a big fan of both the "Christmas" album and "Meditations in B".

Other than that: Neurosis, Converge, Mastodon, Cave-In (the older stuff).

The Isis drum sound is usually driven by the room sound and the snare is usually turned off.

Well,Minus the bear and Faraquet are super bands that you might like.Not like Isis but usually people who like Isis like also this kind of bands.Tell me what you think If you listen to them :headbang:

I've been listening to Isis' "In the Absence Of Truth" a lot lately. Love the atmosphere and the dynamics. The production, too. Great sounding drums. This is just mesmerizing music.

Bossk is a lot to eat. So much of it, I'm loving it.
I've been out of my "room" for a few hours & that name (Bossk) got my attention.
Still have to check a lot of this stuff out.

Well,Minus the bear and Faraquet are super bands that you might like.Not like Isis but usually people who like Isis like also this kind of bands.Tell me what you think If you listen to them :headbang:

So I heard a little Minus the bear. It's nice and clean, little poppy but talented. Not bad. Maybe they will grow on me in future. Right now I'm just getting into more the Isis dirty sound. Less vocals more atmosphere. I still gotta check out Faraquet and a lot more.

dude i love older isis...not to say that newer stuff is bad, but i like the grit of their first few albums

check out oceanic if you haven't done so yet