Isis vs. 'osis

?

• Neurosis

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Isis

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Neither. I'm gay and don't listen to either band.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
NicodemiX said:
It would make more sense to me perhaps if I had an affair with your mom from the early years. Since I've had an affair with your mom and your sister in the last 12 months, either's influence or history is null and void to me. So based on what I like today, YOUR SISTER!!!!
:lol: That makes about as much sense as your incestuous affair with your dad.

Hmmm, I just don't think the student (Isis) has overcome the teacher (Neurosis). I mean, Neurosis will always hold claim to more-or-less inventing the whatever-genre all these bands fit in, whether you call it noisecore, sludgecore, post-hardcore, etc.

Both bands did come from humble beginnings, releasing a few pedestrian albums, and then coming into their own. Neurosis just happened to do it first, and have been doing it longer, allowing them change identities a few times while always staying Neurosis.

And Neurosis has released 6 highly-praised albums. Isis has only released 2 (3 if you count Celestial, which IMO is average)

NicodemiX said:
fuck Oprah. She's a dirty vunt.
One night I realized I had lost all sanity when flipping through the channels I came across Oprah... and found her hot. o_O

ReDilS.kCalB said:
Check The Ocean - fluXion on Throne Records , its Isis(Oceanic :p) + Mastodon + symphonic elements , it's good stuff
yeah, it's pretty good. I still think their best days are ahead of them.

Of course :) Still a promising album , enjoayable for what it is , not a masterpiece or anything but people who like Neurosis , Isis , or Cult Of Luna could like it (it's more metal than all those three) . Every band , although similar in the sound or the gimmicks that make Post HxC what it is , have a sincere and personnal approach so far . The shitty post-HxC bands haven't really surfaced yet , guess the genre tolerate mediocrity .