Isn't it time for ..?

.....a live record or a DVD? If only the European tour could be captured on film or on a live CD. Maybe this question has come up before, but is there any talk of doing this in the near future?
I remember Ayreon/Star One doing this with only 4 cameras and it had great results. The CD/DVD package was released only months after the concert and released by INSIDE OUT records.

:Spin: and yes a live dvd would be awesome ! toss in some interviews with band and some memorable, unreleased footage from the vaults as well would be great too, speaking of dvd, overheard someone talking about a new rush live dvd they're fixing to release sept. 15, woooohoooo!!!! :hotjump:

I could definitely go for a live dvd...I'm not so big on live audio cd's (of course, I'd still buy one from Enchant).

Keeper: What's your name in reference to? Suppose it's not the Martin Page song, beings as I'm the only one in the Universe that doesn't think Martin Page is a lousy no good hack....

mad.gif

Lets see............................

Yes it is time and yes it has been discussed quite a bit! Not sure if we will be able ( key words ) to do it in Europe or back here when we return though?

We are hoping for it! especially the DVD!

This is a local venue here very close to us where it could also happen and be sent out over the net for everyone to see!

www.imusicast.com

Thanks

DiscoDave said:
Keeper: What's your name in reference to? Suppose it's not the Martin Page song, beings as I'm the only one in the Universe that doesn't think Martin Page is a lousy no good hack....

mad.gif

The name 'Keeper of the Flame' comes from a song on 'Beyond Daylight' by Vanden Plas , a German progmetalband. When I bought this album I was so impressed with it that I joined the Vanden Plas messageboard. I needed a nick and these words from the song Cold Wind came up. I kept the same name on the UM forums. So I hope that clears up the mystery.

*nods*

Thanks for the clarification...I'll go back to being the only member of the Martin Page Fanclub then. ;)

BTW...I only have Colour Temple, but it didn't really strike my fancy too much...is there another cd from them I should have started with?

The Stormbringer said:
By the way... Vanden Plas rule. :cool:

Here, here! I love Vanden Plas too - can't wait - will see them this weekend at Prog Power in Atlanta!!!!!! I think I will have to pry Tug of War out of my CD player to listen to Beyond Daylight a few more times before the weekend...it is an awesome CD! So...another message board for me? LOL!!

ebass said:
Lets see............................

Yes it is time and yes it has been discussed quite a bit! Not sure if we will be able ( key words ) to do it in Europe or back here when we return though?

We are hoping for it! especially the DVD!

This is a local venue here very close to us where it could also happen and be sent out over the net for everyone to see!

www.imusicast.com

Thanks

Wooo hoooo!! Sounds schweeet, Ed! I'll be first in line over here! A DVD would be way cool!

Wow...Thomas Bodin, Kaipa, and Karmakanic all have releases right next to each other.

Good time to be a Flower Kings fan, eh?

And that's not even counting the Flower Kings DVD in October.

DiscoDave said:
*nods*

BTW...I only have Colour Temple, but it didn't really strike my fancy too much...is there another cd from them I should have started with?

I think Color Temple is a more heavy rock driven CD. The God Thing is comparable to Dream Theater's Awake. Best release IMO is Beyond Daylight. Great sound. Still a bit of DT reference but, good tight progsongs with lots of power. Worth checking out.

keeper of the flame said:
I think Color Temple is a more heavy rock driven CD. The God Thing is comparable to Dream Theater's Awake. Best release IMO is Beyond Daylight. Great sound. Still a bit of DT reference but, good tight progsongs with lots of power. Worth checking out.

To Dave....

Yep Beyond Daylight is a masterpiece, no question about it. To me, it edged out The God Thing by a hair....The God Thing is an amazing CD...Rainmaker is one of the best prog rock songs EVER
... taken as a whole, though, I lean ever so slightly to the terrific work done on Beyond Daylight - an excellent CD from begininng to end!

I am soooo stoked that I get to see them in four days!!
jump3.gif

Hey Mare, who was it that played Vanden Plas for you the first time??? ;)

The God Thing is GODLY. One of the best CDs of the '90's. Beyond Daylight is almost as good. "Fireblossom/Rainmaker" from TGT is one of the best disc openers you will ever hear. Great band, and I can't wait to see them this weekend...

dt

As for the live 2002 thing, the only thing I can speculate is that Nearfest is planning to release limited edition performance CDs from the festival, but I doubt there are any plans for Enchant to be part of the series, and it certainly isn't out now. :)