Isn't that.....?

Seraph

New Metal Member
I was just on the Sentenced website checking the photo Gallery when I happened by a photo of a very wasted looking Mikael Stanne!

Go to www.sentenced.org

click "gallery"

click the drop box and select "Crimson European Tour 2000"

check the left column of thumbnails and he's the 19th one down!! Bless him he looks wrecked!!

Dave

PS Sentenced are one of my fave bands also. What think you guys of them?

what i think of latter day sentenced is way too unpolite to be typed here... :D i liked them up to and including "love & death", but then away went the singer and what i call the merest credibility. besides, i tend to dislike purposefully depressing lyrics revolving around suicide... quite trendy and distasteful in my view.

as for mikael being there, well... :) :) :hotjump: anyway.

rahvin.

@rahvin: :eek: so what am i supposed to do, now? get jealous? lock you somewhere and throw away the key? corrupt mikael with alcohol? :lol:
hmmm... pics of niklas, anyone? :p

@rei: locking me in the same dusty drawer and hanging the key around your younger cat's neck for keepsake sounds a good idea as usual. :)

rahvin. (could be bound in a nutshell and call himself dwarf of the world)

Originally posted by Seraph
Amok has to be my favourite album. What a classic!

Seraph

In that case, definetly check out The Black League, the guy who sang in Sentenced up to then now sings and writes in TBL and they fucking kick ass!!
I think Rahvin agrees with me here, I saw you wondering about there :)

I like "new" Sentenced, possibly as I like Ville's voice... never heard the old singer. Hehe, yeah, depressing lyrics are a bit trendy... but Sentenced's don't sound as bad as rap-metal or some of that goth rock stuff (which I think is totally buying into that trend)... :/

I still occasionally like depressing music and lyrics. I think there is a time for it... or maybe it's just me. :) :lol:

@salmy: yep, agreed on that. amok, then the black league. that's the course of history. ;)

@mousewings: depressing lyrics might be ok, but new sentenced are just plain repetitive, cliche-ish and superstitious. some goth rock bands are buying into a trend, but manage to write decent stuff. have you tried checking out a few lyrics by wolfsheim, for instance? try with "leave no deed undone", "the sparrows and the nightingales" and "once in a lifetime". don't listen to the music if you don't like goth rock, just compare the lyrics to "killing me, killing you" or "the suicider" by sentenced, for instance. ;)

rahvin.

that's the reason why you are my friend. :D besides, of course, being into metal.

hyena

wacken2.jpg

Not homo-erotic at all :p