isolation booth plans

the auralex is for the walls inside of the iso rooms, the actual insulation I am still trying to figure out. I can't find anyplace here in ohio that sells rockwool, WOULD the fiberglass stuff work just as well as the rock wool stuff? cause I can find that stuff everywhere

Look for Certainteed SAFB or safing insulation. Any Certainteed dealer should be able to special order the stuff.

It's also called Thermafiber.

anyone know of a website where i can find plans for building a vocal isolation booth and a guitar isolation booth for 4x12 cabs?? I have been searching the net BUT I have jad no luck so far
Love Curran

I made a very effective one for a 1x12 cab. I had my 5150 on 6 and you could barely hear it. Making one for a 4x12 is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. It has to be huge. I recommend this:

3/4" MDF for all sides.
Roxul Safing 3.5 pcf 4" rockwool- cover it in cloth.

You have to measure your cabinet, and make your booth with about 6 extra inches to both sides 8 extra inches to the back and 12 or so extra inches to the front *for the mic, of course* and 6 extra inches to the top and bottom. This allows room for the insulation and some air space.

I recommend the top to have heavy duty gate style hinges to open it.

You're also going to have to build this thing inside whatever room you're keeping it in. Size wise, you cannot get it out of a room, or into one for that matter.

Float it off the floor with four pieces of the aforementioned 4" thick roxul to prevent lows from bleeding.

After hardware and all other supplies, my box for a 1x12 cost about $170.00 to make. Assume you'll be spending around 4 times that amount if not more.

the auralex is for the walls inside of the iso rooms, the actual insulation I am still trying to figure out. I can't find anyplace here in ohio that sells rockwool, WOULD the fiberglass stuff work just as well as the rock wool stuff? cause I can find that stuff everywhere

is there a menard's around you anywhere?

if so, they can order it for you...last i checked, it's like $45/bag