isolation rack, advice / help?

You know, if one were to get a cabinet with a glass door and cut a few holes in the back, I'd think that'd be enough isolation and ventilation for a computer and a 192 (which I assume are the only things you have with fans)

i want one of these too... just so damn expensive...
More so for my 192 than the mac... those things are loud as hell...

Hey Joey. Don't waste time here. Just email the question to your sales guy at Sweetwater. My guy answers me within a couple of hours most of the time and I didn't just buy an HD rig.

My general experience with these cabs is they are absolutely worth it.

Can you put the gear in another room and run long cables to it?

I've used these kind of iso boxes. I can't comment on this actual unit but the ones I've used aren't completely silent. Soon enough they too weren't quiet enough for my liking.

For the HDDs:
hard-disk-stabilizer-x4-installation_01.jpg

Don't know if it's applicable to a Mac.

mac pros have custom hard drive mount things. i didn't think mac's made such a lot of noise, either, but if it's leaking into the vocals track..

thought about just moving the mac further away?

a note on SSDs, joey. SSDs are capable of rewrites to last typical users more than 10 years. what's more, a rewrite of a take in the DAW doesn't equal a rewrite on the hard drive. a new audio file is created for the event, so you just end up with both files next to each other.

SSD access times are incredible. a typical hard drive is on the scale of ~10ms, an SSD is around ~0.1ms, if not less. you will notice a pretty big difference with an SSD with general computing, but most DAWs do buffered reads and writes with the RAM, so access time isn't such a huge deal.

are SSDs worth it though? certainly. if you're gonna get one, stick with intel. their drives are the shit.

thanks,