ISP Decimator question...

MindsinK

Not a team player
Jan 13, 2004
Akron, Ohio, USA
www.bakulian.com
I just bought an ISP Decimator ProRack G dual channel noise suppression thingy, which you are supposed to put channel 1 between your guitar and preamp and channel 2 in the preamp effects loop. If I use a Radial DI box to split my guitar signal (1. direct to DAW and 2. to preamp then DAW), do I put channel 1 of the Decimator G in between my guitar and DI or between the DI and my preamp?

If I understand you correctly, you want it after. You don't want the decimator affecting the clean DI signal headed into your DAW.

I just bought an ISP Decimator ProRack G dual channel noise suppression thingy, which you are supposed to put channel 1 between your guitar and preamp and channel 2 in the preamp effects loop. If I use a Radial DI box to split my guitar signal (1. direct to DAW and 2. to preamp then DAW), do I put channel 1 of the Decimator G in between my guitar and DI or between the DI and my preamp?

From the conversations I have had with the designer of the ProRackG, I would put it directly AFTER the the guitar. The ProRackG is designed to track the PURE signal of the guitar -- otherwise it won't work correctly. I would put the DI after channel one. With the way the filter opens and closes I do not think you would have a problem with the DI.

That said, I would probably contact Buck @ ISP. He is awesome through email and will tell you exactly.

Trent