ISP noise decimator question

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
So I have a new toy (which I realy needed).
The awsome ISP noise decimator.
Came in today, but I have NO time to try it out before I hit the stage on
saturday.
So my question is this:
Where do I put for the most effect?

Tuner->TS->ISP->Amp

or

Tuner->TS->Amp->Loop-ISP-Loop

I use a 6505 live if this makes any difference

cheers

I'm guessing you have the regular decimator and not the g-string. If so, and you are only using the higain channel, put it in the loop. If you have to switch channels, put it in front. If you have the G-string - ignore everything I said and set it up with the 4 wire method :lol:

:lol: ppl have suggested now all the possible options... So maybe you realised it doesn't matter that much. All of the options have their pros and cons.

in FX loop = the least amount of hum (from preamp and ts), but it !might! eat a very little bit of your sound, because you have to use 2 cables more and some people say the loop itself affects the sound

After TS = you still have the preamp hum

Before TS = ts + preamp hum

I have never noticed any tone loss with it in the loop, and it provides the absolute tightest and cleanest noise suppression. Then again, it's the amp hiss from higain settings that I want to silence, not the gtr. The only problem with the loop and using the original version (not the g-string) is that when switching to clean, it can choke the note. Otherwise, awesome.

Dudes so many options :D

So I cant try it out before the show so I think I will go with the easiest route. The Lasse way.
When I am back I will play around with it and also try it in the effect loop.
If this baby is that great it might also save some time with reampings....

thanks guys

I don't see how putting it after the TS will kill feedback better than putting it before it, can you please explain?

I guess because the TS is adding gain which, if it's after the gate, that extra noise is not being gated.

I've played around with my Boss NS-2....tried it before my TS and after, and honestly - both ways seemed to yield the same results. I'm not worried about hushing the amps natural "hiss" on the lead channel, who's going to hear that live anyway?

EDIT: I guess you were talking about actual feedback.... either way, I run my gate before the TS. Seems to work just fine.

Im sure this has cropped up before ...In the loop gets my vote every time tho I feel a little hiss here and there makes me feel less nervous about my gear being ready to rock .