Istanbul gig.. help needed.

bleed_black_orchid

biff and chips
Feb 6, 2004
Widnniiiiii
Hi everyone myself and blackeyed are gonna head out to istanbul for both of the nights in October.

Just looking at booking flights and hotels etc. now.

The hotel I might book into is the Grand Yavus Hotel in the city centre.
Is it really far from the venue.. anyone who may know? or does anyone know of a cheap hotel near the venue? Any information would be much appreciated cos I dont have a clue and unlike our trip to rome I actually wanna know where Im going.. vaguely like.

anything of interest to do when staying in istanbul? tourist type stuff.

Thanks!! Claire and Vikki x

hey! i want to go there too!! please let me go with you... =]
i really want to go there but i don't know what would my parents say... 2 days before i have my 18th birthday and i want them to let me go there as a gift =)))

i searched that grand yavuz hotel and found out it's in "sultanahmet". the concert is in "beyoğlu" (or "taksim") and it's really not worth the travel from sultanahmet to taksim each day. it may take your time and also it may be confusing. there are many hotels in taksim already. that is, you must search for hotels in "taksim". i can't recommend you a hotel right now since i don't know much, but i'm sure there will be other forum people to do that.

and also if you are serious, i'd really like to help you guys out. we can meet and i can take you to the venue, tell you which bus/train to take, i can guide you to the restaurants.. anything! just let me know.

A Leaf thats a big help nice one and yeah the advice etc. would me much appreciated! Thank you thats really nice of you.
And we are very serious! We will definately be there if I have to sleep in a chicken shed.

bleed black orchid: ok then, tommorrow i'm searching for a convenient hotel for you. let me see what options we have here.. :) let's just keep in touch. it will be real fun. ;)

definately A leaf. once again Thank you very much for your help. I definately will owe you a drink when we get out there.

We arent fussy so dont worry if it doesnt look like a palace. We will be going out there on the 30th and coming home on the 6th. If you need any more info or whatever than email me at tragical_possibilities@hotmail.com.

Once again I really appreciate you doing this and I look forward to meeting you!!

WOOOO Im going to istanbul viva la turkish holiday!!

A Leaf said:
bleed black orchid: ok then, tommorrow i'm searching for a convenient hotel for you. let me see what options we have here.. :) let's just keep in touch. it will be real fun. ;)

let her stay in your gaff ffs, thats not very underground of you

bleed_black_orchid said:
haha no benny wont be attending. he will be gigging in amsterdam or Belgium. and no cheating going on.

aye sure, them turk lads can charm the knickers off a nun
POPP.gif

eee arr like,
yo people, tis i thee mullet. thought id add my bit in like since i shall be attending this one too. A Leaf, cheers for all the help mate :D send us an email or a pm or whatever with updates etc etc. top bird that. anyhow, mister breaklose - a cool band...do not put ideas in the girls head.

hey has anyone noticed that the bits in the gaps in the letters in the 'anathema' sign at the top of the page are grey and not black like the back ground.
and in other news i posted a thread about 'your favorite sarnie' on the opeth forum and it got deleted :lol:

blackeyed said:
hey has anyone noticed that the bits in the gaps in the letters in the 'anathema' sign at the top of the page are grey and not black like the back ground.
and in other news i posted a thread about 'your favorite sarnie' on the opeth forum and it got deleted :lol:

No wonder, szarni in Hungarian is to take a shit.

And yes, I have noticed it.