Istanbul gig

noose

discouraged one
May 18, 2001
Turkey
Visit site
well,the show was great. there were about 150 people, but most of them was anathema fans and they came just to hear an anathema song played acoustic. this was the only negative thing about the gig.

-antimatter played the same setlist as in salonika. (but i'm not sure about the cover song.)
-mick has a great voice. he sang very clear and without any mistake. (by the way, 12 strings guitar is a great instrument. it has a beautiful sound...)
-duncan played very well. he played some of the solos with his bass.
-as sol83 stated the show won't be the same without mehdi and his keyboard.
-acoustic version of "empty" is amazing. everybody should listen it.
-both of the guys are very nice. they stayed in the audience until the gig started. also, they signed everything. (the ticket, a poster of the show and the booklet of "lights out" for me...)
-the new album sounds darker than the last one.

they played the last laugh here too. i added it on the setlist later.

empty is cool but very different. lost control is probably the best anathema song when acoustic i reckon...

for further information, please e-mail me... :)
i just don't get what you want to learn

anyway, i'm aydın and studying at itü. i live in göztepe. i have a dog.
i hope that it's enough.
what about you??

the gig in istanbul was probably the best one for us, at least for me. dead good reaction from the crowd, the venue was perfect was well, decent sound on stage and good people taking care of us, mosquees everywhere all around, loads of meat and coffee, what else could you ask for heh? i think your man emre has recorded the gig straight from the desk onto minidisk, so did giorgos in athens. i heard a bit of the athens one which had a good sound quality.

oh and noose, get yer dirty hands off ekin will you :(

:lol:
I don't know what to do
you ate more kebabs, but mehdi gave me a rose and mick run in the street with me in his arms ...I've never been so much spoiled before, I felt so cool ;)

anyway.. I'm happy that you enjoyed the show
+ sorry for leaving without saying goodbye :cry:

without said:
sorry for leaving without saying goodbye :cry:

ah well, thats like in any good love movie, missing appointments, frustration and that. next time will be like never before :cool: