It´s very likely you have seen this, but

lumitalvi

IkiHorros Hypocrazy
Jul 20, 2003
Tamperkele, Tammerfrost, FIN
Visit site
Here´s a review from the Royal Carnage- site:

"There are many who say that this is the album that OPETH should have followed Still Life with instead of the tepid, somewhat bland Blackwater Park (even though I disagree with the criticism some have excreted onto that album). They are right, in a certain sense, as this album suffers a bit from the inclusion of LIL’ BOW-WOW. Yes, that’s right, you heard me. A little bit of Blatant Opeth Worship, but WOW, is it good!

If you will excuse my lame puns for a minute and listen to the album itself, it won’t take but about two seconds into “Loosely of Amoebas” (nice title) to note “Wow, these vocals sound like Mikael Akerfeldt!” or “Damn, these riffs sound a lot like Opeth!” But that only lasts for a minute or so. Pretty soon you start hearing MR. BUNGLE. Then you will hear progressive lead guitar tones that wouldn’t be out of place on the latest ENCHANT album. By the time each song is over, you will hear Akerfeldt-esque death vocals, some decent clean vocals, maybe even some wild animal caterwaulings, heavy riffs, fast riffs, acoustic sections, solos... well, you hear about anything and everything. If you suffer from ADD, this is the disc to pop into your Discman during recess.

The only real problem I have with A Warm Glimpse is that it lacks coherency. This is much wackier than OPETH and even more diverse. It almost seems that at times the band is saying “Hmmm... let’s throw them off by sticking a poppy jazz section here, followed by some death metal, then we’ll throw in a little acoustic section in there and splice it all together!” Even the vocals suffer from wackiness-for-the-sake-of-being-wacky, such as in the track “Saine” (you just have to hear this to understand what I mean).

For all its avant-garde inconsistencies, this album certainly has its charms. It’s an interesting listen with some solid musicianship and songwriting that borders on genius when you are rip-roarin’ drunk and commencing to pass out under a pool table. Hopefully, with their second album, FARMAKON will iron out their identity and deliver something that can be enjoyed by people who are not math majors or mental patients."

Rating 7/10
Reviewer Black Winter Day

"..people who are not math majors or mental patients." They should see you guys live and THEN talk! :lol: talking about mental patients, hii hii.

. It almost seems that at times the band is saying “Hmmm... let’s throw them off by sticking a poppy jazz section here, followed by some death metal, then we’ll throw in a little acoustic section in there and splice it all together!”
THEY'RE ONTO US!