Songs that have made you cry

Mazah

Metal Monk
Jun 25, 2003
Here
www.myspace.com
Yes, this is the ultimate gayness thread, the idea is to list pieces of music that have made you cry. Any analylis of the matter is also very welcome.

Yoko Kanno - Inner Universe
Placebo - Bitter End
CMX - Sielunvihollinen
(such a cruel and painful song, with thing said very Zen, without it helping at all)
Zakk Wylde - Too Numb To Cry
(even if the words are a little bit corny, i can sometimes relate to some of the lyrics)
Metallica feat. everybody (Keenan, Claypool, Skynyrd guys...) - Tuesday's Gone
(this song has a positive edge to it, despite the lyrics. I can also somehow relate to the mentality of the song, even though i'm all against every single word on the line "oh lord, i can't change")
Kotiteollisuus - Satu Peikoista

There are more, but these are just some that come to mind right now, i'll propably make additions. Most of these incidents have happened while listening through headphones, lying in bed.

I edited some sort of commentary for each.

CMX - Sielunvihollinen :p
I recall me and The Määz had different opinions about the meaning of the lyrics, but what I make out of it is that "sielunvihollinen" is actually love. You know "sielunvihollinen tietää mihin lyödä syvät haavat / jotka eivät parane kuin hitaasti / niin hitaasti, jos ollenkaan."

Ben Folds Five - Magic
This song pretty much shares it's theme with "Ilona?" by Apulanta. A beautiful composition with piano and strings, about a dead person, not necessarily a lover, and a starlit sky... you know the type.

Nightwish - Kuolema tekee taiteilijan
I'm not a fan of any sort but I had heard a lot of this particular song, and yes I was very impressed. The lyrics are obscure but still have a huge effect. Now that's art! Touching the hearts of people without them even knowing how.

Sir Elwoodin Hiljaiset Värit - Marssi
Breaking up and moving apart after a stormy relationship. An effective song about it. Hurts to listen.

51 koodia - Puu
Reminds me of "Scarborough fair". I belive this song is a bit corny, and made to be hit, but also that it's symbolism touches the collective unconcious. Bittersweet. The same way as "Scarborough fair": something totally impossible must happen for the ending to be happy.

I also believe there are lots of others which I just can't recall at the moment. I'm a crybaby too, though it's mostly movies that cause it :)

Metallica - To Live Is To Die
The middle part is so damn beautiful. R.I.P Cliff.

Mokoma - Sudet Ihmisten Vaatteissa
Not have made me cry, but close. Really sends chills through the spine.

Kuinka kauan vielä täytyy / Kuinka kauan vielä täytyy taivaltaa?
Ennen kuin päivät täällä täyttyy / Ei liene toisistamme toista tukemaan
Ei ole mitään aikaa / Ei ole mitään paikkaa / Ei ole mitään tilaa missä rakentaa
Susi ihmisessä on / herättyään loputon / eikä ihmistä voi koskaan rakastaa

Rainbow - Catch the rainbow
(Really depends on my emotional status. This crying thingy really happens to me only when i'm already sad etc. Beautiful song though.)

Zakk Wylde - Throwin' it all away
(This one has the classic features for manly weeping. Lyrics and the atmosphere.)

Scorpions - Still loving you
(Sooooooooooo cheesy but works well in the right context.)

Of course like everyone else i also have many other songs that have the effect but those were the first three that came across, but like W P i'm also a movie weeper, although there is only 1 in a millon movies that works for me. ;)

TV-series Babylon 5 is a great example of great storytelling, you really get addicted with its characters. There are many episodes where I have wept like a baby.

Wow! I have never EVER cried to B5... But There is one episode of... believe it or not... FUTURAMA I have cried to. :D

BTW Määz... That Epitaph song was pretty awesome. I could see myself weeping like a baby to it.
Oh yeah.. Spetsnaz reminded me of Mokoma.. Uni saa tulla. Damn good song and also have shed a few to that.

Futurama? I really got to see that episode. :D

Army of the sun from Roadrunner United is a song that also belongs to this category.

NOBODY WATCHES THE OC?? :D:D They always have those heartbrakeing season finales. :D

I forgot to mention Battlestar Galactica, it also has its touching moments.

Uni saa tulla is a good song, but there are better "slow" ones by Mokoma.

I find the OC rather boring. I have watched clips from some episodes and one whole episode... didn't get my interest.

I forgot to mention Battlestar Galactica, it also has its touching moments...

...I find the OC rather boring. I have watched clips from some episodes and one whole episode... didn't get my interest.

Because you are a nerd! They don't have spaceships and androids and other sci-fi nerdy stuff.

Proof:
TV-series Babylon 5 is a great example of great storytelling, you really get addicted with its characters. There are many episodes where I have wept like a baby.

I on the other hand don't watch OC because i'm too metal. TV=decadence, i only watch Macgyver.

Because you are a nerd! They don't have spaceships and androids and other sci-fi nerdy stuff.

Maybe, maybe. Although, both of those series I mentioned are actually almost cliche-free "soap operas in space". They are not filled with nerdy Star Trek-style technobabble, they concentrate on character development rather than antimatter generators, phasers etc. ;)

TV=decadence, i only watch Macgyver.

Yeah, MacGyver is my idol! :D

Yea it was on the 4th season DVDbox. As a shock to me it seems the 4th season is the last one. Luckily I also found out that four Futurama movies will be made soon, first one to appear 2008! Which is great cause the relationship between Leela and Fry just got interesting. Actually after discovering these facts I got very sad yesterday. Which is... odd.