Have you noticed that... *a new game on the board!*

BlackwaterNymph said:
Yeah, that's pretty obvious at shows. It's lame. I'm not just hating because I'm single but it bugs to see some stupid chick in a Linkin Park shirt at the Nevermore show, clinging onto her boyfriend while yapping about her latest trip to the mall with Heather while her boyfriend nods and says "uh huh" in all the right places while I look on and come to the conclusion I am just too awesome for most guys to handle.

I see your point but let me be even more brutal: YOU RARELY MEET ANYONE INTERRESTING IN METAL SHOWS...

Every time I go to a concert it strikes me ... metalheads are just a bunch of low-lives who are either to drunk to even remember the set or too stoned to say anything rationnal... You will meet nice people if you get in line early in the afternoon but when comes 4 PM, everybody's either stoned outta their mind or drunk as hell...

Don't go saying I wrongfully generalize because when more than 50 percent of a mass in behaving in a certain way, THERE IS ROOM FOR GENERALIZATION. I understand every fuckin' stereotypes there is at my expense because of the way I look because every metalheads I have met are either low-lives living off his parents well being or mindless substance abusers...

I hear ya though, I too think that everyone at metal shows are not good enough for me... I have higher standards than the first bitch than comes along... Not that they are not after me! I always attract the oldest and most fucked up cunt in the venue! I should get a medal for that... "Hey... let's get together after the show and get stoned... " Yeah right... I'm drinking coffee for fuck's sake...

*Fred realizes what a sour bitch he has become*

So... have you ever noticed how springtime calls for glam rock at a high volume???

@ Larf:

Hey you sound like me! Stop that!

Last person that hit on me at a metal show was some wrinkly bald man that gave me some "huh huh huh you're hot" line and shoved ice down my shirt. I was having a halfway decent conversation with some guy about Moonspell, then he starts in on the heroin he's gonna buy later and wanders off to follow some slut in a corset. I go to shows to hear the music and have a good time, it's not a fucking fashion show.

I don't think you find any more morons at shows than you would anywhere else. Probably less even. But now that I'm older and have been to my share of shows I see how lame most people there are. Scratch that, I see how lame most people are anywhere. Lately I've seen what an ego I have. Not in the I'm so sexy and wonderful I can have who I want way. More of the everyone else is an idiot and I don't want to deal with them way.

I hear ya, you grouchy bitch :Spin:

Larf03 said:
I see your point but let me be even more brutal: YOU RARELY MEET ANYONE INTERRESTING IN METAL SHOWS...

Every time I go to a concert it strikes me ... metalheads are just a bunch of low-lives who are either to drunk to even remember the set or too stoned to say anything rationnal... You will meet nice people if you get in line early in the afternoon but when comes 4 PM, everybody's either stoned outta their mind or drunk as hell...

Don't go saying I wrongfully generalize because when more than 50 percent of a mass in behaving in a certain way, THERE IS ROOM FOR GENERALIZATION. I understand every fuckin' stereotypes there is at my expense because of the way I look because every metalheads I have met are either low-lives living off his parents well being or mindless substance abusers...

I hear ya though, I too think that everyone at metal shows are not good enough for me... I have higher standards than the first bitch than comes along... Not that they are not after me! I always attract the oldest and most fucked up cunt in the venue! I should get a medal for that... "Hey... let's get together after the show and get stoned... " Yeah right... I'm drinking coffee for fuck's sake...

*Fred realizes what a sour bitch he has become*

So... have you ever noticed how springtime calls for glam rock at a high volume???

You just stated why I don't go to any metal shows. I just don't belong there. And I think I wouldn't like that my gf listens to metal.

BlackwaterNymph said:
@ Larf:

Hey you sound like me! Stop that!

Last person that hit on me at a metal show was some wrinkly bald man that gave me some "huh huh huh you're hot" line and shoved ice down my shirt. I was having a halfway decent conversation with some guy about Moonspell, then he starts in on the heroin he's gonna buy later and wanders off to follow some slut in a corset. I go to shows to hear the music and have a good time, it's not a fucking fashion show.

I don't think you find any more morons at shows than you would anywhere else. Probably less even. But now that I'm older and have been to my share of shows I see how lame most people there are. Scratch that, I see how lame most people are anywhere. Lately I've seen what an ego I have. Not in the I'm so sexy and wonderful I can have who I want way. More of the everyone else is an idiot and I don't want to deal with them way.

I hear ya, you grouchy bitch :Spin:

Indeed. Ever punch a pit ninja?

Indeed. Ever punch a pit ninja?

I didn't punch one, but he was spin kicking me so I threw him head first into the wall. This resulted in about seven little 'core dudes trying to jump me. Unfortunately for them, I knew the bouncers, who like me despise little 'core ninja pitters and they were removed. I got to help. They may have incurred some bruises and contusions on the way out. Such a shame.

** Have you noticed that all the hardcore/metalcore/shitcore music talks about respect and honor and being straight up, but usually they travel in packs like rabid muskrats and always try to gang up on one person?

Necromunchkin said:
I didn't punch one, but he was spin kicking me so I threw him head first into the wall. This resulted in about seven little 'core dudes trying to jump me. Unfortunately for them, I knew the bouncers, who like me despise little 'core ninja pitters and they were removed. I got to help. They may have incurred some bruises and contusions on the way out. Such a shame.

** Have you noticed that all the hardcore/metalcore/shitcore music talks about respect and honor and being straight up, but usually they travel in packs like rabid muskrats and always try to gang up on one person?

No, but I did notice the crowd at the Fantomas/The Locust show was somewhat of a puzzle to me. Due to the short, shaggy hair cuts and hair style ala handmixer, and the skinny fit jeans - I couldn't tell the boys from the girls. When did couples get bored with dressing alike and have to wear eachothers clothes, get the same hairstyle, and share a bottle of hair color?

Karen, have you ever been hit or shoved by these little kids that dance like they're having a seisure? You can't really enjoy the show when they do that.

No, you can't. At the Mason Jar, I recall a man being beaten near to death in a pit filled with the spazzes. Turns out they had brass knuckles, and this guy was in his fifties just trying to get up close to the stage so he could enjoy himself, do some headbanging. By the time the security knew what was up, the guy was unconscious and bleeding all over the floor. This event, and my own experience, are why I generally sit at the bar, drink lots, and enjoy the show sitting down.

Necromunchkin said:
No, you can't. At the Mason Jar, I recall a man being beaten near to death in a pit filled with the spazzes. Turns out they had brass knuckles, and this guy was in his fifties just trying to get up close to the stage so he could enjoy himself, do some headbanging. By the time the security knew what was up, the guy was unconscious and bleeding all over the floor. This event, and my own experience, are why I generally sit at the bar, drink lots, and enjoy the show sitting down.

At said Fantomas show, half of them in the pit for The Locust were wearing underwear on their heads. Why ....I don't know and don't want to. Some emo kid flying at me with Hanes on his face distracts me from the Mike Patonness. For like 5 seconds.

Random Beard said:
Karen, have you ever been hit or shoved by these little kids that dance like they're having a seisure? You can't really enjoy the show when they do that.
That's true, they should be in the middle of the pit as it circles them, but most of them don't know there pit ettiquitte, so just give them a little shove and they will move.

Random Beard said:

yes, I hate them too, but come on..
you just move or hope some big bully will hit them back and then they stop...

I don't know... I try to ignore the crowd on shows, unless they're cool to talk to.

Larf03 said:
im too cool for everyone boohoo bitch whine complain cry
here ya go buddy, these oughta help
B0000VCZ70.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

noticed that a couple here have offensively ugly avatars/signatures, but are apparently oblivious to the pain they are inflicting...

neal said:
here ya go buddy, these oughta help
B0000VCZ70.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Hey thanks! Congrats for pointing out what I had already stated ... Yeah I am a bitch and I feel pretty damn fucking good about it just now... I'll go and shove some of them good'ol tampax up my ass and think of how thoughtful you were...

oh wait... then I'd do just what you were hoping I would ...