things i've noticed about Nevermore songs

Will Bozarth said:
Well yes, but that doesn't mean that Alexi's growls don't suck.

Hey Will, have you ever heard of "COVEN"?
Those are the only type of "growls" I like...all others
sound the same. Not sure why this stuff caught on.

Will Bozarth said:
:lol: But I felt the time was right for the shock of it. I don't think anyone saw it coming. BAM!!

Yeah...you keep an Ace of spades up the sleeve ;)
Just don't go "raping faces" again. :eek:

teredd said:
Hey Will, have you ever heard of "COVEN"?
Those are the only type of "growls" I like...all others
sound the same. Not sure why this stuff caught on.

indeed, sir. you don't like growls? what a homo! :tickled: nah... but you DID wear some spiffy handcuffs :heh:

hmm

sahlinja said:
they have very good sounding intros, and then the song just goes downhill after that. The vocals are sub par and there is no melody. Can someone enlighten me on what's so good about this band?

my 2 cents.

so where's the problem?don't listen to them anymore.easy as that.

the thing thats "good" about this band is that they are giving a good name to American Metal, and going about it in a different way than other new american metal bands that rip off at the gates riffs and soilwork-style growling/clean vocal tradeoffs.

the riffs are original, and Jeff Loomis is hands down the best guitarist in metal today. Van's blastbeats are multidimensional, and he fills space while being creative at the same time.

Apart from the tightness of the band, Warrel is one of the only vocalists in metal that doesnt write lyrics that just "sound" deep and meaningful because theyre full of random metaphors.

That is what is so good about this band.

nevermore rules.
Well i listen to some of the bands you listen too, korean guy (not an insult but your screen name is too hard to remember and i'm to lazy to check to write it), like opeth for example and metallica.
It takes a while for a nevermore song to grow on you and it takes a certain amount of intelligence to figure out what wd/jeff/steve/tim/whoever is part of the writing process mean by a certain vocal melody, guitar solo or lyrics.
final product is a great song imho, and so is i voyager. Anyway listen to shit of dreaming neon black.

Politics of ecstasy, Self-titled, In memory....In those records you'll find some great stuff

sahlinja said:
i've listened to: I Voyager, Narcosynthesis, Psalm of Lydia, Final Product

Errr...from the sound of it, those songs might not be your style.

Listen to all of "Dreaming Neon Black" and "In Memory."
Hopefully those albums will change your mind. :saint:

what we can learn from this thread:
First give constructive critism rather than just critisize a band on the board when making a first post on a board of a band you don't currently like, but would be interested in discovering more about and are too lazy to listen to every song.
Second expect a negative reaction from fans if you start negative.
Third listen to songs from every album rather than a few from their latest albums before forming an opinion about a band.
Fourth focus your opinion on the songs you listened to and mention them
Lastly mention mainstream bands when posting on a real metal band's forum.

CoB aren't BAD, they just aren't too great, every song sounds the same. with nevermore you can listen to stuff throughout their career and notice significant differences in the music (garden of grey to born). and there aren't too many growls in CoB last time I checked. mostly screams and shit.

wanna hear music that will be huge soon from a grassroots fanbase rather than putting millions of dolalrs on marketing? listen to Into Eternity. they do progressive death metal and do it fucking well. new album comming out with their new singer who is unbelievable. guitarist is godly as nevermore's is. the songs just flow.

and dude, you listen to some good stuff in your list, but if you are gonna talk with guys on a real metal board, keep your guilty pleasures out of it (slipknot/CoB). it just shows that you aren't as metal as others here.

welcome to the fall hope you stick around.

Will Bozarth said:
Drop B, you say? Then why is there a signature Slipknot 7 String guitar?

It's not. They just call it the "Mick 7", since that was his "number".

That completely exhausts my knowledge of Slipknot. Thankfully.

As to the original questioner's comments - If you can say you like Children of Bodom and you have a problem with the vocals in Nevermore, well... ;)

Personally, I love Warrel's voice, and emotionally psychotic delivery. Musically, the band never ceases to be inventive while retaining a signature sound, something that's pretty hard to do, IMO. It's intelligent, considered, heavy, aggressive and melodic all at the same time, which is just about the perfect blend to me.