things i've noticed about Nevermore songs

Sorrow Evoker said:
lol @ COB and slipknot fans talking about sub-par vocals

cob does growling almost exclusively, while nevermore does singing. how can you compare those two? that's like comparing a hip hop song and a country song.

will, you just contradicted yourself.

and alexi doesn't sing--he growls, and last time i checked he is probably one of the best growlers out there. warrel's singing does not rule, it's probably decent at best.

sahlinja said:
um no. growling cannot be compared to singing, that's just retarded.

How's this - Alexi's skill at growling results in a sound somewhat akin to mariah carey cought in a bear trap. Likewise his lyrical compositions tend to come out like schoolyard musings and delusions of grandeur.

Warrel however is an excellent singer and writes emotional, intriguing, and powerful lyrics.

Will Bozarth said:
judging by the list of amazing bands that you posted, you know nothing about growls

ok if you know some bands that are SO MUCH MORE amazing, why don't you list some of your favorite bands.

FretsAflame said:
How's this - Alexi's skill at growling results in a sound somewhat akin to mariah carey cought in a bear trap. Likewise his lyrical compositions tend to come out like schoolyard musings and delusions of grandeur.

Warrel however is an excellent singer and writes emotional, intriguing, and powerful lyrics.

i hate to repeat myself, but you're comparing apples and oranges here

Alexi is an apple. very easy to get, and not much to him to figure out..

Warrel is an orange.. complex... has a layer to uncover and figure out... you have to split his lyrics apart and devour them individually to get the full idea of what he's doing.

you were right!

Will Bozarth said:
Alexi is an apple. very easy to get, and not much to him to figure out..

Warrel is an orange.. complex... has a layer to uncover and figure out... you have to split his lyrics apart and devour them individually to get the full idea of what he's doing.

you were right!

Ok, I'm with you - but wtf at this post mate? hahaha