things i've noticed about Nevermore songs

Will Bozarth said:
Alexi is an apple. very easy to get, and not much to him to figure out..

Warrel is an orange.. complex... has a layer to uncover and figure out... you have to split his lyrics apart and devour them individually to get the full idea of what he's doing.

you were right!

warrel may be a complex fellow, but alexi's work sure sounds better. i don't know about you, but i listen to music to enjoy it, if i wanted to learn something i'd read a book. just my 2 cents.

sahlinja said:
i hate to repeat myself, but you're comparing apples and oranges here

You know what I typed up a whole post based on the logic of comparing two things on a common variable (quality) but fuck it.

You ever hear that phrase "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all"? That applies to situations like walking onto a band's message board and saying they suck. I mean, I'm not being a dumbass over on the CoB board just because they're a shitty band that overuses candy-ass keyboards, writes horrible lyrics, and is just overall lacking to my taste. I keep that shit to myself.

Maybe you should listen to more than just four of their songs before you form an opinion. Then if that opinion is converse to the general opinion of this board, why don't you just take it on down the road, because no one here gives a fuck what you have to say.

Lets see... apples and oranges are fruit, both have an outer skin, both have seeds, both come from trees, both have vitamins and nutrients... and a stem too.

FretsAflame said:
You know what I typed up a whole post based on the logic of comparing two things on a common variable (quality) but fuck it.

You ever hear that phrase "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all"? That applies to situations like walking onto a band's message board and saying they suck. I mean, I'm not being a dumbass over on the CoB board just because they're a shitty band that overuses candy-ass keyboards, writes horrible lyrics, and is just overall lacking to my taste. I keep that shit to myself.

Maybe you should listen to more than just four of their songs before you form an opinion. Then if that opinion is converse to the general opinion of this board, why don't you just take it on down the road, because no one here gives a fuck what you have to say.

i didn't start this thread to say that "oh nevermore is a shitty band", rather it was an attempt at constructive criticism. I don't have anything against nevermore or its fans, i just wanted to know what was so good about this band. I was also looking for some song suggestions.