Songs that get you, I mean REALLY get you...

All by myself reminds me of my jerkin off phase in High School.........LOL

And the singers voice irratates the hell out of me, sounds like Barry White on helium

All by myself reminds me of my jerkin off phase in High School.........LOL

And the singers voice irratates the hell out of me, sounds like Barry White on helium

:lol:

What can I say, it's a nostalgia thing. Brooding teenager, etc.

I'm sure there are better ones that I could name, but that was the first thing that popped into my head.

"Angel" by Sarah Mclachlan....

Gets me every time, especially now that there is this heartbreaking ASPCA commercial with it. That tune coupled with the forlorn looks of those poor animals cripples me every time.

~B

I cannot watch those commercials without crying! I either have to change the channel, or watch and ruin my mascara and be depressed for an hour afterwards. I'm pathetic. :erk:

So, as sensitive as I am about animals and tragic movies, I could only think of one song that's ever moved me enough to tears: Garth Brooks' The Dance. For reasons not worth getting into, because it involves an old relationship with an ex-boyfriend from way back when. Loooong time ago. I still think it's a great song tho.

Mindshift, it was not a personal attack , it is a great song, I have a weird/sarcastic sense of humor and like to push buttons sometimes in a funny way, thus the " one of these days" comment, it is a tear jerker song, good choice.I just wanted to clarify that and apoligize if I came off like an A-- hole.

Stay Gold by Stevie Wonder. If you've seen the movie from the early 80's ,"The Outsiders" you've heard the song at the beginning of the movie. The basic meaning of the song stems from a short poem entitled "Nothing Gold Can Stay" by Robert Frost (also in the movie) about treasuring your childhood because it's when we're all innocent and uncorrupted by life in general.

I use the poem and song for an English lesson at least once a year. The lesson has actually brought tears to some of my biggest bad-ass students I've ever had.

It's worth googling the title of both and see for yourself. The song is one of my favorites, but hey what do you expect...it's Stevie!

BTW, yes Arrowheadian still lives, he's just got a bad case of Spring fever without the good weather. Peace to all!

Mindshift, it was not a personal attack , it is a great song, I have a weird/sarcastic sense of humor and like to push buttons sometimes in a funny way, thus the " one of these days" comment, it is a tear jerker song, good choice.I just wanted to clarify that and apoligize if I came off like an A-- hole.

Not at all, man...I took no offense. In fact, I rarely take offense at much of anything! :cool:

Stay Gold by Stevie Wonder. If you've seen the movie from the early 80's ,"The Outsiders" you've heard the song at the beginning of the movie. The basic meaning of the song stems from a short poem entitled "Nothing Gold Can Stay" by Robert Frost (also in the movie) about treasuring your childhood because it's when we're all innocent and uncorrupted by life in general.

I use the poem and song for an English lesson at least once a year. The lesson has actually brought tears to some of my biggest bad-ass students I've ever had.

It's worth googling the title of both and see for yourself. The song is one of my favorites, but hey what do you expect...it's Stevie!

BTW, yes Arrowheadian still lives, he's just got a bad case of Spring fever without the good weather. Peace to all!

Excellent. We actually have the LP soundtrack from The Outsiders. Treasuring childhood innocence is a must. Life was good before cynicism.

Hats off to you for being an educator...NCLB sucks

And Stevie Wonder absolutely rules, no question!