Do you get starstruck?

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
My company is looking to do some work at that Barbara Streisand cunt's house in Malibu, and two people here went to talk with her yesterday. So half the office is FREAKING OUT, I even heard one bint say "if I saw someone famous I wouldn't stop thinking about it for a week."

So that's gay as fuck as far as I'm concerned, because even when I meet or speak to some musician that I have a lot of respect for, I don't totally freak out. Yeah I get excited and maybe a little nervous, but it's not like I put any of these dudes on an untouchable pedestal or anything.

Buh? Zuh? Guh?

i did shake like a big girl when I met Lomardo last month ... but it passed after a few hours :lol:

Nah, it would be weird to see some A-list actor walking down the street I suppose, but I would never go up to them and shake in my boots whilst begging for an autograph or anything.

When it comes to metal musicians, you find that they're just like you so the 'novelty' of meeting them wears off instantly, just because they don't think of themselves as superstars.

It's odd to meet someone 'famous' though for sure, simply because they aren't Joe Schmoe.

once in Manhattan, was standing at a light waiting to cross and Kevin Spacey was right next to me ... after a double take ... I was like WTF?

When I worked at the Four Seasons, I saw a shitload of celebrities.
Anthony Hopkins wasa there once with his mom having tea in the cafe as I was doing some wiring on the network. That was weird as I could not shake the Hannibal image

John Travolta stayed there once, all the women were swarming, but of course being the Four Seasons you have to be cool and professional ... but behind the scenes ... man the women were like getting undressed :loco:

Then I saw Stephen King in the lobby, just sitting and reading a newspaper ...

The strangest thing was when Ariel Sharon had a brief meeting in the hotel ... fuck ... SWAT and Secret Service everywhere ... we could not do shit for an hour. Elevators shut down. Snipers on the roof ... Weird.

I don't really get starstruck- but the time Martin Henriksson gave me his guitar pick personally, I was like "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" for a few days... just because I respect him and he rules for doing that. (and because nothing cool like that EVER happens to me).

Hey Cara, Danny Glover is one of my friends on myspace.com, just thought you'd like to know that! :loco: :D ;) etc.

Cloest I've got to any of these encounters is getting autographs off Blaze Bayley, and both times he was surrounded by people and not too talkative, so it was just a case of "can you sign this?" "uh-huh" "cheers" "thanks". My mate got to talk to him though :bah:

If you put Steve Harris or Glenn Tipton in front of me though, I wouldn't be surprise if I was struck dumb :loco:

Eh no, not at all. I've met quite a few guys from bands and treated them like i would anyone else. BUT one of my old friends was at a Danzig show with me and another friend. After the show we head around to go say hi, get pictures and autographs. Me and my one friend walk up to Glenn, shake his hand, get some shit signed and then saw the other dude (can't remember if he got on his knees or not) but he grabs Glenn's hand and says something like 'You are my Brand New God' which was the lead track from Danzig IV.*smack*

I think I said "You are my fucking hero" to Mikael Stanne when I shook his hand... that probably freaked him out a little bit.

Marksveld said:
I think I said "You are my fucking hero" to Mikael Stanne when I shook his hand... that probably freaked him out a little bit.

lol that's understandable at least, but calling someone a god because of their adoration?? that's a bit much haha

Hmm, only true "hero" of sorts I've met was the vocalist of Skitsystem. (Tompa's best friend and guitarist beforehand who took over both lead vocals and kept with the guitar bit.) Had a beer or two with him, bullshitted around a bit, and got a free vinyl. Nothing more. I hate people who revere people like that as godlike. I do have a bit of respect for one's who have made it, I suppose you could say, but I refuse to suck cock.

E-bortion said:
Hmm, only true "hero" of sorts I've met was the vocalist of Skitsystem. (Tompa's best friend and guitarist beforehand who took over both lead vocals and kept with the guitar bit.) Had a beer or two with him, bullshitted around a bit, and got a free vinyl. Nothing more. I hate people who revere people like that as godlike. I do have a bit of respect for one's who have made it, I suppose you could say, but I refuse to suck cock.

This reminds me of 9/10 people who post on the Nevermore forum... just thought I'd throw that out there...