it happened 2 years ago, today

Yetti

Oct 29, 2002
Amerika
Visit site
we lost an amazing musician, a musical influence for many, and a brother in our world of metal. yes, it was the untimely passing of death/control denied guitarist/vocalist(for death) chuck shuldiner. if youve never heard of him before, WTF?!?:guh: quit reading this and go get 'the sound of preserverence' right now. i mean it, this very second. now, im not going to go into a long retrospective of his career because many people on here already know it or you can find quite a few on the net. i just wanted to remind you of the tragedy on december 13, 2001. i think we all should take some time today and reflect on the things in our lives that are most important and remember how much our loved ones mean to us because we never know when our time to exit life will be here.

"Life ends so fast, so take your chance, and make it last." - Pull the Plug

ASmemorial03-2002Chuckguitars2.JPG

Chuck Shuldiner(May 13, 1967-December 13, 2001)​
RIP

Reactions: Taliesin
okay dude... you just ruined the goth metal mood yetti installed! :mad:
go puke on someone's shoes! :mad:

:lol: :p

now seriously, life sux man.... i mean, george fucking bush could fly from a bus front in an accident, but nooooooooooo
let's ruin metallica
let's make one of the best guitarrists in the world get a muscular disorder that gets him totally paralised

bah :yuk:

Damn, two years already... But he will never be forgotten. Chuck was an awesome musician and very important for the Death Metal scene. I really ask myself why only the good guys have to die. Just like Rhandy Rhoads, Cliff Burton, Criss Oliva...
I agree to Alexi when he was asked about Chuck's death:

"A sad story. Too bad that he died. It should have been one of the Backstreet Boys. Without a doubt he was the godfather of modern Death Metal."

I'm gonna listen to every Death album today...I'm granted that I don't have work. But my schedule is a little weird so....Scream bloody gore, Leprosy, Human, Individual thought patterns are MUSTS for me right now. But I'll say every Death album is tied for 100% pure ownage.

R.I.P CHUCK, the best songwriter Death metal had ever seen. I'm talking real death metal, not the majority of bands from this forum. This guy is truly an influence in my playing too, I tend to create alot of rehashed Human/individual thought patterns era riffs :/ I will wear my symbolic long sleeve today.

Only Good Die Young.... there's just something wrong with this world

NP: Death: Voice Of The Soul

RIP Chuck, Great guitarist, and a great man.

Some of the best words he has ever spoken:
"Support music, not rumors"
- Chuck Schuldiner

Krigloch the Furious said:
ok go ahead and hate me and kick me in the nuts. but I just recently started listening to Death (love it by the way). but what is their best cd???
better late then never.:) check out 'the sound of preserverence', 'symbolic', 'human', 'spiritual healing', 'the fragile art of existance', 'individual thought patterns', 'leprosy', and 'scream bloody gore', not necessarily in that order.

thebigyetti said:
better late then never.:) check out 'the sound of preserverence', 'symbolic', 'human', 'spiritual healing', 'the fragile art of existance', 'individual thought patterns', 'leprosy', and 'scream bloody gore', not necessarily in that order.
:D Start out with Symbolic, then go to Human. Then get everything.

thebigyetti said:
we lost an amazing musician, a musical influence for many, and a brother in our world of metal. yes, it was the untimely passing of death/control denied guitarist/vocalist(for death) chuck shuldiner. if youve never heard of him before, WTF?!?:guh: quit reading this and go get 'the sound of preserverence' right now. i mean it, this very second. now, im not going to go into a long retrospective of his career because many people on here already know it or you can find quite a few on the net. i just wanted to remind you of the tragedy on december 13, 2001. i think we all should take some time today and reflect on the things in our lives that are most important and remember how much our loved ones mean to us because we never know when our time to exit life will be here.

"Life ends so fast, so take your chance, and make it last." - Pull the Plug

ASmemorial03-2002Chuckguitars2.JPG

Chuck Shuldiner(May 13, 1967-December 13, 2001)​

RIP
Gee, where ever did you get the idea for using that picture? How about some variety? :lol: Oh, and my stupid ass overlooked this thread and posted one in the Sub-Forum.

Back on subject:

It sucks. I hate the fact that Chuck had to die in such a unfair manner. I'm still disappointed that not enough money was raised for his operation. I think about it and just get disgusted that the fact the money COULD have been raised and to this day I still do appreciate the fact that some musicians actually gave the effort and sadly, didn't succeed. I think that if some of these so-called "Musicians" would give two less of a shits, our dear Mr. Schuldiner would still be alive and kicking with us today, releasing a new Death album and having finished and probably working on the next Control Denied album. It's a shame that one of the best musicians, the fucking Godfather to Death Metal is dead and on this day (mind the fact that I'm posting this on the 14th at 3 AM) we mourn such a tragic topic. RIP Chuck and keep rocking! Wherever you are!

Death's label Nuclear Blast released special live CDs and DVD of Death some months before Chuck's death and said that the whole money of it would directly go to Chuck. They also asked fans for donations and I know that people here in Germany donated a lot. But these fuckers from Nuclear Blast are the millionaires. They had enough money to help Chuck.

Yes, it's a tragedy...

Not enough money was raised?? I never read that... I read that he had all the operations and shit and they thought he was gonna recover and then he died unexpectedly.... if it was about money, that makes it sooo much worse.

It's just fucking sad, but money rules the world, is simple as that. But at least, he will be remembered as long as we listen to his music, because heros never die.

So, come on people, and listen to Death/Control Denied all day long, in the memory of Chuck. Let metal guide him wherever great musicians go when they die, just to make it poethic. All hail Death!

Miss your music, Chuck.