It really sucked

SocialNumb

Damn Christians!
Aug 15, 2006
Boyton, WPB, FL
I just spent 3 hours stuck outside on my balcony. The lock on the door is a little messed up and locks up every now and then.

So I made sure the door wasn't locked, turned it both ways, unlocked, check. Leave door ajar, check. Proceed to have a little smoke. Now I wasn't wearing a lot, bare footed, light clothing on and it's kinda cold and windy in south FL right now. On comes a strong wind and the door shuts. A feeling of "OH SHIT" comes over me. Sure enough, the door locks. The balcony is very high and I start freaking out. Should I try and get down? Will the drop fuck my feet up? "Oh shit help! I'm not a teenager anymore!" So, I waited and screamed down to the studio down stairs in the guest house till 2 hours later someone comes out. 1 hour breaking screw drivers till finally the association guy drives by (gated community) and I have my friend from the studio flag him down. Finally got back inside, freezing my ass off and very thirsty.

FML, time for some beer . . . :(

/rant

oh my god you poor fella!!!! you must have been totally freaking! i mean now when you look back on it you can think logically and say "ok.. im stuck.. someone will realize.. its not like im going to die up here" but god man when it happened. haha - i bet your glad to be off of there! go have a cupa tea first.. then hit the beer to drown out what happened to you

Ouch! I feel your pain. A similar thing happened to me last winter. I was stuck for only half an hour (had my cell with me) but it was a bit over -20c. I was having a morning smoke on the common balcony between the third and the fourth floor when an elderly lady next door appeared to clean the snow off the balcony. I naturally offered to do it, so she thanked me and locked me outside. I still don't know if it was an accident or if she's just a mean old bitch.

oh my god you poor fella!!!! you must have been totally freaking! i mean now when you look back on it you can think logically and say "ok.. im stuck.. someone will realize.. its not like im going to die up here" but god man when it happened. haha - i bet your glad to be off of there! go have a cupa tea first.. then hit the beer to drown out what happened to you

Yes, I tried very hard to think logically but the fear of no one hearing me and the temperature quickly dropping had me thinking otherwise. Now I have to fix the wood I dug out of the frame. I was very close to just kicking that fucker down. I have been through worst. Still sucked!

Ouch! I feel your pain. A similar thing happened to me last winter. I was stuck for only half an hour (had my cell with me) but it was a bit over -20c. I was having a morning smoke on the common balcony between the third and the fourth floor when an elderly lady next door appeared to clean the snow off the balcony. I naturally offered to do it, so she thanked me and locked me outside. I still don't know if it was an accident or if she's just a mean old bitch.

:lol: What a mean old bitch! :devil:

Thanks for relating. I did freak out. Got a bit of an anxiety issue.

Dude, what do you mean "one hour breaking screw drivers"? :lol:

Unfortunately, the tools where looked in the house and there happen to be 2 phillips head screwdrivers in the studio (for the rack mounts), you know the ones with the changeable tips? Well the metal that holds the tip ripped on both of them.

LOLZ @ Florida being "cold."

Once you get used to the heat and all of a sudden it goes down to 30-40 yeah it can be fucking cold for us FL people.

I know what you mean tho. When I first moved to Mass. (I used to live in Salem) I didn't have any warm clothing. In fact, all I had was shorts, boots and light flannels and I got there in mid winter. I almost died. Eventually got used to it.

One day me and friend who didn't have warm clothing either decided to take a bus from Salem to Marblehead to see some friends. Well time passed and we had to run out the house to catch the last bus. We missed it. On came a snow storm and it was -20. (or something) We couldn't go back to the house. (friends parents got home, we weren't supposed to be there) and the closest possible ride was an hour and half away. So yeah, in shorts and a flannel I hopped up and down with my friend trying to avoid death and frostbite till the ride came. THAT really sucked.

Once you get used to the heat and all of a sudden it goes down to 30-40 yeah it can be fucking cold for us FL people.

This. Here in SA we had like over 100 straight days or some shit with either 97-98-99-100-101-102-103 degree weather. Right now it's like 48 and we are all freezing. If you are in the cold constantly you do get use to it, just like with heat, but if it changes it fucking suuuuuucks.