It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
Ok, so I'm like 10 years late on this.

Recently got into this show and watched almost every episode on Netflix.

I haven't been a fan of sitcoms in probably over 15 years, but this show just kills me. A lot of people say it's either hit or miss for them, but, to me, every single episode has a bit of gold in it.

Mac: "My friends made me fat. They're insensitive pricks". :lol:

Discuss?

Definitely do. At first I was like "meh....", then after a few episodes the characters start to grow on you and I just got sucked right in.

Apparently the most recent season is now airing, but I don't have cable so I must wait. :(

Just watched that How Mac Got Fat episode the other day. I haven't kept up in recent years as much as the first 3 seasons but I plan to catch up asap.

it's a great series, but not great after a couple views IMO.

After watching the series up to the end of last season, I kinda stopped giving a shit. I'll definitely check out the new stuff though!

Just watched that How Mac Got Fat episode the other day. I haven't kept up in recent years as much as the first 3 seasons but I plan to catch up asap.

That is one of the EPs that absolutely killed me!

See also: Christmas episode, High School Reunion, and many others I can't even think of.

Macs family steals their neighbors xmas presents and his parents told him it was the "tradition".....Charlies mom gets a train run on her by a bunch of Santas....."did you fuck my mom?"......:lol:

Is Mac still fat? Dude definitely tacked on mass in the last few seasons or so. Apparently it was a real attempt to make himself look as horrible as possible just for the show. :lol:

haha "im not fat im cultivating mass! try and move me bro!"

no mac is back in shape, although the first episode is called "The Gang Broke Dee" and features her own rock bottom :)

the funny thing is mac and dee are married in real life, so she had to probably had to put up with him being a complete slob for the sake of "art" :lol: on a related note, charlie is married to the waitress in real life.

First three seasons and the gas episode from S4 are fauking brilliant. After that the show went downhill. The characters are just totally unlikeable now, whereas you used to be able to sympathize with them somewhat. Dee in particular was just grating the last couple seasons.

This is kind of old but what the hell. It's the video that made me start watching the show. I stopped watching around season 4, I think watching it marathon style made it get old kind of fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha "im not fat im cultivating mass! try and move me bro!"

no mac is back in shape, although the first episode is called "The Gang Broke Dee" and features her own rock bottom :)

the funny thing is mac and dee are married in real life, so she had to probably had to put up with him being a complete slob for the sake of "art" :lol: on a related note, charlie is married to the waitress in real life.

I think it's hilarious that, throughout the seasons, Mac is always saying how he's tacking on mass......then he finally does it. Like, it was planned out all along that he was gonna get fat. :lol:

I agree that some of the later seasons went a little downhill, but I still find parts in every episode that kill me.

The boat episode where Mac is crossing off all the countries on the map that he doesn't want to visit.... "Defffffinitely don't wanna go here...." ....... he's got everywhere except the USA crossed out. :lol:

Definitely the funniest thing on tv over the last few years. In addition to the other characters, I don't think danny devito gets near enough credit for playing frank. Dude totally relishes that role of the weird, creepy, fucked up guy and nails it.

The only thing I don't like about the show is explaining to people who haven't seen it. Only thing I can tell them is:

seinfield - moral decency + substance abuse = it's always sunny

"You eat the cat food, drink beer and huff glue."

"Charlie, why would I do that?"

"There's some weird chemical reaction and it makes you feel really sick and then you lay down and go to sleep and in about 10 mins there's gonna be about 50 cats outside howling".

*cats outside start howling*

*Danny DeVito rushes in room and forks down cat food, then quickly lays in bed next to Charlie*

shit killed me.