"It's just a teddy bear," Boulos said.

What i find fucking wierd is she's contesting the deportation?

Fuck right off! I'd get my arse out of the arsehole of the world as soon as possible!

Gibbons, 54, was found guilty of "insulting the faith of Muslims" and sentenced to 15 days in jail, followed by deportation, said Ali Mohammed Ajab, a human rights lawyer on the defense team. The charge is a lesser offense in the article of the criminal code under which she was tried, which includes several possible charges.

anyone else find the bold text hilariously ironic?

Hey Gavin hit them up for Profit Mo-hammick, see how that flies

Gibbons, 54, was found guilty of "insulting the faith of Muslims" and sentenced to 15 days in jail, followed by deportation, said Ali Mohammed Ajab, a human rights lawyer on the defense team. The charge is a lesser offense in the article of the criminal code under which she was tried, which includes several possible charges.

anyone else find the bold text hilariously ironic?

Hey Gavin hit them up for Profit Mo-hammick, see how that flies

"Pimp Daddy Mo-Ha!"

i personally think it's stupid, but she should have known better. If you're going to work or live in a place like sudan or some fundamentalist country in the middle east, or any country rather, you should know what flys in their culture and what will get you in trouble.

whats to know? the children being natives and assumably raised under muslim parenting chose to name the bear after something they were indoctrinated with on a daily basis, Mohammed.
From what I gather after reading the article in total awe going on my 3rd time now, the contest was brought originally against the teacher by an angry school employee also (most likely) indoctrinated (from birth) with Mohammed.

Besides, being an American by birthright the world revolves around my nation and we, the people have spoken forth and chosen a make-over for our leader.

Introducing the new and improved,

Uncle Mo and the Camel Band.

Besides dude, how likely is it that a government would actually include "No Naming of Inanimate Objects After Mohammed" in their list of offenses?

Jeebus, that was despicable. I outright laughed from sheer disbelief when they said that the prosecution was lobbying for a sentence of 40 lashes, good god, what a bunch of "fucking savages" (in the words of Robert Duvall from "Apocalypse Now"). Deportation would seem like a blessing if I were in her case, but I guess she wouldn't have been there in the first place if she didn't want to be (whether it be from a calling to educate or an appreciation of the land/culture, as hard as that is for me to believe), so she probably wants to stay (but Gavin, where did it say that she's contesting the deportation? I couldn't find it).

Man I hate organized religion, or rather the bastardizations that so easily spring out of it.

I don't hate organized religion....I know some really cool christians, jews, and muslims...

but, I HATE FUNDAMENTALISTS....thats the big problem.
Whenever you take your beliefs to the extreme, and decide its worth causing harm to other people, or having stupid rulings like this...then you are officially a piece of shit.

Fundamentalism is the problem, not religion.

I don't hate organized religion....I know some really cool christians, jews, and muslims...

but, I HATE FUNDAMENTALISTS....thats the big problem.
Whenever you take your beliefs to the extreme, and decide its worth causing harm to other people, or having stupid rulings like this...then you are officially a piece of shit.

Fundamentalism is the problem, not religion.

+1

That's what happens when you live in a third world country, where the majority of the people are participants in one of the most violent religions ever created. these guys are always calling us the infidels, they are the ones giving forty lashes to some teacher who "allowed" this kid to name it's bear Muhammed. first off, like the kid wasn't going to name it what he wanted anyway, second why punish the teacher? she didn't name that shit! As Carlos Mencia once pointed out...this is what happens when you lose to ability to laugh at yourself.

yeah....any argument over which religion is "most violent" is going to end up being a total cluster-fuck...