It's official! I'm going to the May 24th show in Toronto!

FastEddy

New Metal Member
May 2, 2008
Whoohoo! My airfare is paid for and my buddy has the tickets in his grubby little fingers. It's gonna be a short and sweet trip, I leave Newfoundland on the 22nd and get back on the 25th. I can't fucking wait! It's gonna be a great time! If anybody else is going post here, especially if your from Newfoundland. Maybe we could hook up for the show.

I was also wondeing if the guys are approachable for autographs etc? With any luck I will run into them and snap some pics and maybe get some stuff signed.

Look out Toronto, here I come!

i shall be there too! only driving 4 hours from northern ontario. should be a sweet show.

ahh I was going to attempt to get to that show but it's a hell of a lot easier taking a bus over the border then a four over trip. Opeth are headlining this show, correct? without Dream Theatre, or am I wrong

3 is one of the opening bands on the Progressive Nation tour. Definitely not death metal, but they still make some good music.

Deathmarch are a local band. They aren't very good though.

P.S. I'll be the idiot waiting in line way too early wearing an SYL shirt.

I hope you'll enjoy. Was in the Montreal show (May 23th) and it was just fucking great! I don't know if it's going to be the same thing for you guys but here's the setlist we've got. I know they are from Ontario, but Deathmarch just fucking sucks (as their website).

Demon Of The Fall
Master's Apprentices
The Baying Of The Hounds
In My Time Of Need
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid The Disease
Wreath
Heir Apparent
The Drapery Falls

I hope you'll enjoy. Was in the Montreal show (May 23th) and it was just fucking great! I don't know if it's going to be the same thing for you guys but here's the setlist we've got. I know they are from Ontario, but Deathmarch just fucking sucks (as their website).

Demon Of The Fall
Master's Apprentices
The Baying Of The Hounds
In My Time Of Need
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid The Disease
Wreath
Heir Apparent
The Drapery Falls

The played this exact setlist last night in Toronto. It was really good! Interesting to see them do Demon of the fall first; it was their encore last time I saw them. The Drapery falls makes an amazing finish!

Before playing Serenity Painted Death, Mikael said, "I hate playing this song.... it's so fucking hard." I guess because of the guitar solo? He nailed it though... sounds like the fastest Opeth solo I've heard.

He also called us "fucking retarded", hahaha.

Oh, and I was pretty blown away by 3, I'm sure they made some new fans on this tour.

Yeah, the first time they started clapping and went off-time I yelled out "STOP CLAPPING OFF-BEAT!"

On a more postive note. The crowd was fuckin' crazy and into it. The best opening Ive seen from Opeth out of the 4 times Ive seen them...Perfect sound and no fuck-ups. They basically tore the whole friggin place down with just Demon of the Fall and Master's Apprentices...

About "Serenity Painted Death", he said it was a tough one to play because of the synchronisation with guitar and lyrics. Just take a look at the chorus' tabs and the rhytm of the lyrics. Together, it's just pretty tough.

Hmmm hail to Montreal's crowd!